My Samurai Dream Chapter 14

When I finish talking to Coach Kasey, I take my skates off and I change back into my outdoor clothes and I see the SUV waiting for me. As I see my skating dresses, a note, and a silver and white case on the backseat I grab the items with my left hand I close the back door and I head back inside where I show Coach Kasey the dresses.

"Which one should I wear tomorrow Coach", I ask.

"I like the red one. I wore it when I first started to compete", says Coach Kasey.

"I would love to wear it as my gift to you", I say.

"Also when did you get your skates sharpened", asks Coach Kasey.

"They were a gift from a friend of mine. Is there a way to get them sharpened", I ask.

"I'll have them sharpened for you immediately", says Coach Kasey.

I follow Coach Kasey to the skating shop in the back of the building, where I sit down and I pull my skates out.

"Here you go Coach", I say.

"Oh Breanna meet my husband Teddy Harwood. He drives the Zamboni and he sharpens the skates", says Coach Kasey.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Harwood", I say.

"You can call me Teddy", says Mr. Harwood.

"Okay. Can you please sharpen my skates for tomorrow", I ask.

"Sure. So your Kasey's student? She's told me a lot about you", says Teddy.

"Really? What did she say about me", I ask.

"That you are a very talented skater and that you skate your heart out and you do it with grace", says Teddy.

"That's true", I say.

"She even said you have a very caring boyfriend", says Teddy.

"That is true as well", I say.

Kasey hands my skates to Teddy who sharpens them and he places plastic blade covers to protect them.

"Thank you Teddy", I say.

"You're welcome. I hope you have a great day", says Teddy.

"You too Teddy", I say.

I head back to the bleachers where I begin to think, "Would Jayden mind if I stay here tonight to practice?"

I then remember the note that I found with my stuff in the SUV. I open the note and as I read it, I can feel and picture what Jayden is describing.

"What are you thinking Jayden", I think.

I then call Kevin who answers his samuraizer.

"Kevin where is Jayden going", I ask.

"No, why what's up", asks Kevin.

"Jayden wrote a letter to me and I can't even read this without crying", I say.

"Breanna stay put, I'll be there soon with Emily", says Kevin.

"Okay just don't take too long", I say.

"We won't I promise", says Kevin.

When I put the note away, Coach Kasey walks up.

"Coach Kasey would it be okay if I could practice here overnight", I ask.

"If you're okay with it. If somebody could stay with you it would give me some peace of mind just in case anything happened to you", says Coach Kasey.

"I'm on it", I say.

I call Emily who answers on the first ring.

"Emily can you pack me an overnight bag? I need more practice, so I have permission to stay here at the rink overnight. Could you and Kevin stay here with me", I exclaim.