A Sister-Sister Talk

Start from the beginning

Instead of answering verbally, Weiss gave her a shrug. "I didn't think they would from the start."

"Is it because you doubt yourself when it comes to competition?"

"I..." The younger sister looked down at her feet. "I suppose... Not that I'm ungrateful for being a part of Delta, it's just..." Weiss trailed off, holding her left arm with her right. "I actually like who I work with. Bendy is somewhat obnoxious for my tastes, but I must admit, I don't dislike him." Then, she scoffed. "Okay, what are you trying to put down for me here?"

"What I'm trying to put down is that the people who you choose to be with will be there when you need them the most." Winter wore a small grin. "You made the right choice in joining Delta, Weiss. You made amazing friends and you even had a great mentor."

"Well," The Youth Member smiled as well. "Pearl is the best mentor a Mimic like me could ever have."

"And what do you have to say about the other Youth Members at Delta?" The specialist raised an eyebrow at her.

"Well," Weiss chuckled. "Ruby and Yang are more outgoing. Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Pinkie, Sunset, Rarity and Applejack, those girls know a lot about friendship because of each other. Blake is wise for her age. Steven has a big heart. Jaune and Pyrrha are generous. And Lloyd, I know him too well to describe him."

"And what about the humans?" Winter asked.

"They're still learning our ways," She answered. "But they are still amazing friends nonetheless. If it weren't for them, none of us would be here. We're actually improving the lives of humans everywhere. We've given them what we have: faster technology, stronger resources, ships and planes that can travel the world for days, hours, even minutes. Delta should be thankful for having humans like those five in our lives."

"And I agree," The older sister nodded. "They have brought both our worlds together as one, but there is still more to do for the rest of the world."

"I figured." Weiss nodded in agreement. "Before all of this, I didn't think what we have now would happen at all. But now that we're here, we have to prepare the world for what is going to happen next."

"And we have the humans to guide us, and we will do the same for them in return."

"That sounds like a promise." The younger sister raised an eyebrow at her.

"That's because it is," Winter said, then let out a sigh. "I suppose we've talked long enough. I must leave you now. After all, I have better things to do."

Soon, the Atlas specialist began to walk up to the door. But once she opened it, she stopped at the doorway and looked back at Weiss and said, "And Weiss, never stop fighting for what you believe in."

With that, Winter closed the door behind her, leaving Weiss in the silent locker room all by herself. At least that was what she thought until she heard a voice behind her.

"You must be really close with your sister."

Gasping, Weiss turned around, only to find a familiar figure dressed in black and red leaning on one of the lockers with a tiny red lollipop in her hand. "What do you want, Harumi?" She begrudgingly said.

"I was expecting to see your short demon friend again," Harumi said. "But with him not here..."

"His name is Bendy and he wants nothing to do with you!"

With a scoff, the Mimic's rival immediately rushed from the locker and tackled Weiss to another set on the other side of the room. Pinning her to the gray-colored metal doors, Harumi grabbed her neck, pulled a knife from her boot and placed it near her it. The Youth Member gasped in shock when she saw its silver blade near her pale skin.

"And who do you think you are to lecture me?" Harumi growled with darkness in her eyes.

"W-Where di-did this energy o-of y-y-yours c-co-come from?" Weiss stuttered as she choked.

"Oh, I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise." Her rival gave her a smirk that sent chills down her spine. Then, she noticed how tense she was becoming. "Relax, Schnee. I have no intentions of killing you. I actually like you despite how naive you can be. But say one more bad thing about me and I will."

"You wouldn't!" The blue-eyed Youth Member said with a sneer.

"I would if I wanted to, but I don't have the energy, so..."

"What do you think you're doing?!" A voice behind Harumi shouted.

In response, the snow-haired girl in red and black slowly turned her head around to find Lloyd scowling at her with his two swords in hand. Initially, she wondered how he got in until her eyes noticed the open door. He must have run in when he saw me. She thought. Raising an eyebrow at him, she pulled her knife away from Weiss' neck and threw her to the floor. The other white-haired girl hit the ground with a grunt.

"I was just giving your friend a fair warning," Harumi said. "She said the small fry wants nothing to do with me."

"I don't want to hear it," Lloyd growled. "Now, get out!"

"Fine..." Soon, Romeo's "intern" walked out of the locker room without closing the door behind herself.

With that, Lloyd ran to Weiss, helping her into a sitting position as soon as he reached her. "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned for her.

"Yeah." She replied with a hand on the area of her neck where Harumi held her.

"She threatened you," Lloyd squeezed his eyes shut as his eyebrows furrowed. "Didn't she?"

"I..." Weiss gulped. "She did. She threatened to kill me if I said anything else about her. It was so intense, she even had a knife! I...I didn't-" She was suddenly cut off when the boy dressed in green wrapped his arms around her.

"You don't have to give me the details." He whispered into her ear before giving her arm a tight squeeze. "But if she does anything else to you..."

"Don't even think about it," She retorted. "I don't want you doing anything stupid..."

He sighed in response, still holding the other Youth Member in his arms. The entire locker room became still again as the two embraced each other. Meanwhile, Harumi stood behind the doorway with wide eyes staring at Weiss and Lloyd. Tears were streaming down her face, but she quietly growled and turned her gaze away from the two, moving away from the room.

Strange Ones: Volume 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara