I.19 There is a first time for everything

I was not terribly worried, really. After all, I had not done anything wrong. It was not as if I had insulted a teacher, the way Natalie had, with Ms Gablins. On the contrary, I had been polite all through the confrontation with our History teacher, Mr. Haskins. If anybody, it was he who had been at fault. My tutor, Allie Thomas, was a nice and easygoing girl. With her help, it should not be difficult to get everything cleared up.

"Cathy! How are you?" As usual, Allie appeared to be happy to see me, as she let me into her office. "How come you are free to visit me, at this time of day? I thought you would be having classes now."

"A teacher sent me to see you." I presented the yellow slip of paper to her.

Allie took it and glanced at it. "You antagonized Mr. Haskins, it appears. Tell me what happened."

So I described the incident to her in some detail, adding how I figured it must have been some kind of misunderstanding which I hoped would be cleared up with her help.

Allie shook her head and sighed. "Let me see what your history teacher says here."

She took some time to read what Mr Haskins had written on the yellow piece of paper. When she was done, she looked at me with a frown.

"Cathy, you need to understand that it is not your place to criticize teachers at our school. Nor to accuse them of telling lies to the students."

"But I did not accuse Mr Haskins of deliberately telling us lies. He just taught us what he himself had been taught. It was not his fault really. He just did not know any better than that. I tried to explain that to him, but it only seemed to make things worse."

My tutor's frown deepened. "Cathy, you are a student at this school, and Mr Haskins is your teacher. Did you study history at a university, yourself? No? In that case, what makes you think you know more about the history of World War I than Mr Haskins?" She shook her head. "Worse, you showed blatant disrespect for a teacher in front of the entire class. Which is the main reason Mr Haskins sent you here."

"I guess you are right." It could only help if I acted contrite. Though I was still convinced that it was mostly Mr Haskins fault, caused by his irrational aversion to my perfectly logical arguments. "I am sorry if I ...".

I was interrupted by a knock upon the door  to Allie's office.

The door opened, and Headmistress Stuart stepped inside.

"Thomas, can I have a word with you?" she addressed my tutor. "This will take only a few minutes." She looked at me briefly. "Or is this urgent, somehow?"

"No, it can wait," Allie assured her.

"It's about Marian O'Hare," the headmistress continued. "I received this letter from her parents, two days ago." She handed the letter to Allie who took it and began to read it.

The headmistress's gaze traveled across the room and came to a rest on the yellow slip of paper that Allie had put on her desk.

"She is here for discipline then, isn't she?" Headmistress Stuart inquired, indicating me with a brief motion of her head.

Allie looked up, distracted. She glanced at me. "Her? Oh, yes. She is getting spanked."

"What?" I blurted out, utterly shocked.

My tutor frowned. "Cathy, I must ask you to wait outside my office until the headmistress and I are done here."

"Yes, but ..."

The headmistress looked at me. "Do as you have been told, girl."

"Yes, Miss."

More than a bit shaken up, I left my tutor's office and closed the door behind myself. I sat down on the small bench in the corridor, waiting. Waiting to get spanked.

No way, I thought. This was so not going to happen to me. I was going to talk Allie out of this. Clearly, it had been a mistake on my part to agree to my tutor's assessment of the incident when actually it had all been Mr Haskins' fault in the first place.

It could not have taken more than a few minutes, but I was relieved when eventually the door to Allie's office opened and the headmistress left.

My tutor motioned for me to come in and closed the door behind me.

I watched in dismay as Allie positioned her chair at a distance from her desk and sat down on it. "Come here, Cathy."

"Uh, can we talk about this?" I asked.

"No, we can't," she replied. "In his note, Mr Haskins explicitly states that you are to be spanked. So it's not up to me, and there is nothing further to discuss, at this point. Now, get over my knee."

I felt a hot flush spread over my face.

"But ... this is unfair," I stammered, as I took one hesitant step towards her.

"No, it is not. It is perfectly fair. Now, let us not waste any more time here. Get over my knee, Cathy."

A bit awkwardly, I draped myself face-down across her lap. Up went the hem of my skirt, and down came my panties. I yelped as the palm of Allie's right hand connected with my unprotected rear end, hard.

The sound of slaps on bare skin, accompanied by my indignant squeals, filled the air of the small office space, as my tutor proceeded to calmly and methodically spank my backside.

Soon I found myself wiggling and squirming over Allie's knees, in a futile attempt to avoid those stinging slaps.

In the middle of all this, the door connecting Allie's and Lena's office rooms opened. Allie paused as Lena entered the room.

"Cathy? I thought I had heard your voice." Lena looked surprised, but not really shocked to find me like this. "So you finally managed to get in trouble."

"Sort of," I muttered, embarrassed, from my somewhat upside-down position.

"She most certainly did," Allie confirmed. "Don't leave, though. We are almost done here."

As her friend Lena watched, she delivered a final round of resounding smacks to my smarting bottom.

"I bet you are feeling better, yourself, now that this has been taken care of," she commented, as I got to my feet.

Standing next to her chair and nursing my sore behind, I cast her a reproachful look.

"Don't pout, Cathy," my tutor advised me, not unkindly.

"I am not pouting," I declared, with great dignity, as I pulled up my underpants and smoothed down the skirt of my school uniform.

"Yes, you are," Lena informed me, with a smile.

Meanwhile, Allie had been writing on the yellow slip of paper which she now handed back to me. "Now go and return this to Mr. Haskins, Cathy."

**********************************************************

A / N :  I would love to have your thoughts about, and reactions to this chapter, so please do not hesitate to comment :)