FIFTEEN

It was rare that Athena and Ares fought together, often it was Athena and Ares fighting against each other. The conflicting ideals of the two deities never mixed well together and was always a source of tension among the Olympian family. But alas, here they were fighting back-to-back, as if they were one lethal machine. The drones surrounded the unearthly beings, only to be shattered into useless pieces of metal as the weapons that were made especially for the gods tore them apart. The staff that Athena was holding, in a fluidlike motion, turned into a whip as she flicked it in front of her, splitting numerous drones in half. 

Picking up a scrap piece of metal, Athena narrowed her eyes at the company name that was imprinted on it. She looked over her shoulder to see Ares jab the end of his sword into the neck of a drone. He looked over at his half-sister, to see her throwing the scrap of metal on the ground with an annoyed scowl on her face. "What?"

Athena looked at her brother again, ignoring the way he decapitated a drone without looking as she growled. "I need to go and find an idiot."

"Hermes?" Ares questioned without thinking, a smirk creeping onto his face as he realized what he said.

Athena gave him a pointed look and swung her whip at an oncoming drone. "No. An orange looking oompa loompa man."

Ares contorted his face into an expression of confusion. "What in the gods name is a oomply mompa?"

"Doesn't matter." Athena sighed, changing her whip back into a staff. "Come on."

Athena marched backstage, hoping that Hammer was still hanging about somewhere back there. Ares followed after the blonde, killing drones as he saw them. Athena could hear the faint sound of voices coming from one of the tech rooms, which she presumed Hammer to be in. As she neared closer, she realised that the door was open and that there was a group of people inside. As she marched in, a nasty snarl left her mouth as she heard the words leave Hammer's mouth, who was being held down on the desk by Natasha. 

"You better not have just said Ivan Vanko or I swear to all the gods, I will kill you myself." Athena snarled, the weapon in her hand suddenly looking very threatening. 

Ares snorted as he heard the words leave his sister's mouth and tsked. "Such a temper."

Athena hit him with the blunt end of her staff as Natasha glanced at Ares with vague recognition. Pepper, who looked shocked by the turn of events, looked between Athena and Ares in confusion. Ares pushed Athena back, catching the pencil that Athena threw at him in retaliation. Ares smiled at Pepper. "Hi."

Athena looked at Ares with a look of disgust as she recognised the look on his face. "Absolutely not."

Ares just smirked at Pepper, who was starting to turn a little red from the attention she was getting from the god. Athena rolled her eyes and chose to ignore that development, turning her attention to the terror stricken Hammer. "Well, where is he?"

Natasha pushed him further onto the desk before heh finally spoke. "At my facility."

Natasha let him go abruptly, grabbing the blonde woman's arm before whispering in her ear. "I'm gonna head over. You have to stay."

Athena simply nodded and Natasha disappeared out a backdoor as Pepper dialled a number on her phone. "I need NYPD, please."

Athena raised an eyebrow as Ares pushed a protesting Hammer away from Pepper, who looked just as shocked but continued on the phone regardless. "Command Central."

"No, no, honey. Don't call the authorities." Hammer tried to look over Ares but he was too tall. Ares stood tall in front of Pepper, his arms crossed much like a bodyguard as Athena lazily pointed the sharp side of the staff at Hammer's neck with a smug smile. She really didn't like him.