TWELVE

In the end, Athena gave in like she always did and grabbed some coffee for Tony and herself. In the time she had done that, the only progress that had been made was Tony moving the box with Howard's name etched across it from the balcony to his workshop. Athena stood patiently with the two cups of coffee in her hands as Tony unlatched the locks on the box and opened it. Inside, multiple sheets and blueprints took up most of the space.

Tony looked curiously at one blueprint in particular, one that involved himself. He picked up the blueprint with the title Arc Reactor printed neatly across it, taking note of Howard and Anton's names printed inside the Project Designers box. He straightened the print, carefully examining the design before placing it on the ground beside him. Athena remained silent as Tony continued to go through the contents of the box, understanding that he wasn't aware of her presence at all.

Tony picked up a folded piece of newspaper which he unfolded to read the headline, "Soviet Scientist Vanko Defects." Next he picked up three video reels, reading the titles of each. Tony looked up, suddenly aware of Athena's presence or perhaps just the presence of the coffee. When Athena realized he wasn't going to say anything, she sighed. "Well, are you going to watch those or not?"

Before she knew it, Tony had a projector and screen playing the videos. He sat in a chair, as the video played in the background as he read through his father's book of notes. Athena was throwing the empty cups of coffee away, when Tony called her over, not looking away from the notebook. Athena approached him, placing her hands on her hips when he didn't acknowledge her. "Yes?"

Tony glanced up from the book at her, before glancing back down at the notebook. Athena shook her head, ready to leave his side when his hand reached out and pulled her onto his lap. He manipulated their positions so both could see the notebook in his hands. "What do you think?"

Athena shifted slightly into a more comfortable position to look at the equations and scribbles in the notebook. "I see nothing of any use."

"Exactly! This is pointless." Tony argued as a new clip started playing onto the screen he had set up.

"It is not." Athena defended, reaching onto the table to grab a device. "Nothing is ever pointless. Make it relevant."

Tony took the device from her. "That is flawed logic and a recipe for disaster."

"I thought you like that sort of thing." Athena retorted, before gesturing to the device in his hand. "Put those equations in that. We might need them later."

"Everything is achievable through technology. Better living, robust heath, and for the first time in human history, the possibility of world peace. I'm Howard Stark, and everything you'll need for the future can be found right here. City of the Future? City of Tomorrow? City of..."

Athena looked away from the notebook as Tony continued to tap things into the device, focusing on the video that playing. She watched Howard stumble over his words, losing confidence in himself with ever fumble he made.

"I'm Howard Stark and everything you'll need in the future can be found right here. So, from all of us at Stark Industries, I would like to personally... Tony, what are you doing back there? What is that?"

Athena felt Tony turning to look at the projection at the sound of his name. She smiled softly at the sight of a younger Tony, her heart swelling slightly. Tony felt bitter at the exchange between his younger self and his father.

"Put that back. Put it back where you got it from. Where's your mother? Maria? Go on. Go, go, go, go."

Athena leaned into Tony has they watched a man pick up little Tony off the set and over, presumably, to his mother.

Battle Strategies | Tony Stark [1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara