6

Athena pushed Tony's hands away from the keyboard, entering her own equations into the software, discarding his previous ones that she knew weren't going to work for what he wanted. Tony stood up from his seat, letting Athena take it instead as she continued to type furiously into the computer. Nodding subconsciously along with what she was typing, he reached over her shoulder for his cup of coffee, taking a large gulp before passing it off to Athena, who finished the dark liquid without much thought.

As she finished, Tony moved the prints over to the table to look at them in a holographic form. Tony stood on one side of the table, and Athena stood on the other, both studying the exploded view of holographic arm before Tony started playing around with it. Athena gestured him to spin it, which he complied to. Seeing at what she was getting at, he adds in the needed parts and then brings the arm together. Tony reached his arm over the holographic arm piece before reaching into it. Athena grinned as it fitted over his arm like a second skin.

The workbench then proceeded to become a bomb shell, as the two worked furiously on building the actual arm piece. Wires, screwdrivers and pieces of metals littered the workbench and floor as time went on, and slowly the arm piece became reality. Tony closed the arm piece over his own arm, as Athena crouched so she could tighten everything into place. "Hold still."

"I am!" Tony responded, impatiently waiting for her to carry out the task.

Neither noticed the sound of heels clicking down the stairs, as they bickered. Athena tightened the arm piece but jumped as Tony cried out. "Too tight!"

"Sorry!" Athena backtracked, loosening it a little.

"Up two. All right, set that." Tony ordered.

"Yeah, yeah. I've got it." Athena mumbled as she did as she was told. Tony looked up suddenly, and Athena realized that Pepper was in the workshop with coffee and a parcel. Athena discarded what she was doing and jumped up to greet Pepper.

"Pepper!" Athena smiled, giving the woman a hug before zoning in on the parcel. "Thank you for doing that for me, Pep."

"Oh, it was no trouble." Pepper smiled, as Athena took the parcel excitedly, along with the coffee. As Athena grabbed a piece of scrap paper to write on, Pepper spoke to Tony.

"I've been buzzing you. Did you hear the intercom?"

"Yeah, everything's... What?" Tony looked up, distractedly. He was still fiddling with the arm piece that Athena had abandoned earlier.

"Obadiah's upstairs." Pepper announced.

"Great!" Both Athena and Tony said, though Athena said it entirely sarcastically.

"What would you like me to tell him?"

"Great. I'll be right up." Tony replied, lifting his arm with the arm piece. "And so will Athena."

Athena narrowed her eyes at him, placing the paper she was writing on onto the parcel. Tony knew she didn't particularly enjoy Obadiah's company.

"Okay." Tony breathed before opening his hand to reveal a flight stabilizer.

"I thought you said you were done making weapons." Pepper asked him, innocently while she walked closer to observe.

"It is. This is a flight stabilizer. It's completely harmless." Tony claimed, before hitting a button to activate the flight stabilizer, resulting with him flying backwards into the wall behind him. Athena giggled as Pepper gasped in shock. Tony groaned. "I didn't expect that."

Athena giggles turned into a laugh as she helped Tony of the ground, brushing dust from his hair. "Let's not keep Obadiah waiting any longer."

After taking the arm piece from his arm, Tony and Athena followed Pepper up the stairs to meet Obadiah. The piano was finally getting some love, as Obadiah played a piece of music. Tony blinked slightly surprised at the sound of the piano before speaking to his fatherly figure. "How'd it go?"