Chapter 6: initiation 1/4

Y/N POV

The day started off with jaune kindly waking me up, after a few minutes of stretching and well looking for the shower room. I followed jaune to where he said his locker was, which he had trouble finding until we met up with the girls who were already in a conversation.

Yang: "What? No! Of course, I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!"

Ruby: "What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-"

Jaune: "Ridiculous!" suddenly walking in between the sisters, holding a map and obviously lost There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?"

Y/N: "Don't know, you're probably just having bad luck"

Jaune sighs as he passes Weiss and a red-haired roman girl as they ready themselves at their lockers.

Weiss: "So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!"

Pyrrha: "Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may."

Weiss: "Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together."

Pyrrha: "Well, that sounds grand!"

Weiss: "Great!"

I watched as it seemed like the background behind Weiss disappears into a thundercloud as Weiss adopts a scheming pose and manic smile.

Weiss: "This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now! We'll be popular! We'll be celebrities! We'll get perfect grades! Nothing can come between us now!" I look at Weiss, smiling face, wondering if she's evil or not.

Jaune: coming between them and interrupting Weiss' evil train of thought "You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Arc. Nice to meet you."

Weiss: irritated "You again?"

Pyrrha: hurriedly letting herself be seen by jaune "Nice to meet you, Jaune!"

Jaune: "Yeah, yeah" he rudely but gently pushes Pyrrha aside and talks to Weiss, posing slightly "So, Weiss, couldn't help but overhear your fondness of me the other day."

Y/N: I let out a loud sigh "Oh god"

Weiss: "Oh, you've got to be kidding me!"

Jaune: "Don't worry! No need to be embarrassed! So, been hearing rumors about teams! I was thinking you and me would make a good one! What do you say?"

Pyrrha: Pyrrha gets Jaune's attention "Actually, I think the teams are comprised of four students each, so-"

Jaune: "You don't say." he starts to advance on his new target "Well, hot stuff, play your cards right and maybe you could join up with the winning team."

Weiss: She separates the two "Jaune, is it? Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"

Jaune: "Not in the slightest, snow angel."

Y/N: "Oh for the love of-! SHE JUST SAID HER NAME!"

Jaune: "what was it?"

Y/N: "Pidda, like pidda bread right?" My horrible joke causes Pyrrha to smile and Jaune to chuckle