Chapter 13: We're Sitting There By the Water

Comincia dall'inizio

       I needed to stop with my innuendos towards Sawyer because it only liked me like him more even though that was the complete opposite of what I was trying to do.

       It didn't take long for Sawyer to pack whatever it was and once he walked outside and back to fence, I found out exactly what he wanted to pack.

      "Ooh, is this a date?" I asked, my eyes looking at the picnic basket in his hands.

       "I knew you were going to ask that and the answer is no," Sawyer said. "There's just a place I want to show you. I always go there and have lunch there but I haven't gone for a while."

       "I still think it's a date."

       Sawyer ignored me and went to the stables to get everything he needed to saddle up Raven. While he was doing so, I got onto Paint, making sure he really was okay with having the saddle on him.

       And he was.

      Once Sawyer was on Raven, he was the one that led me to the trail. I wish I came to the trail a lot earlier since I moved back. Sawyer and I came here all the time and it was one of my favourite places in the world.

       There was just something so peaceful about all the trees and plants, and birds chirping away. The trees weren't as close together as most forests so the sun was still able to shine brightly onto the trail.

       I immediately felt peaceful when I entered here so I definitely knew I should come here more, especially if I was ever stressed out.

       Which I probably would be soon because I was a teenager after all.

       "How you doing back there?" Sawyer asked.

       "Surprisingly well," I said. "I haven't ridden a horse in a long time but I've still got it. So where exactly are we going?"

       "You'll see," was all Sawyer said.

       I didn't even mind that he wasn't telling me. I was just enjoying the scenery on the trail, enjoying all the peace and quiet, the only sound being the birds chirping and our horses' hooves clicking against the ground.

       We soon arrived to the place Sawyer wanted to take me to and once we did get there, I couldn't help but smile. "You really still come here often?" I asked.

       "Of course," Sawyer said. "It's probably my favourite place in the world."

       Right in front of us was a small clearing with a pond in the middle of it. This was one place Sawyer and I ran off to when we were kids when our parents told us countless amount of times not to come here alone. We didn't listen and we were so happy when we found this place. It was special to us.

       And I guess it was still special for Sawyer for him to keep coming here. And to take me here after all the years we haven't been here together.

       Sawyer and I both got off of our horses and Paint took the opportunity to just graze around. 

       Sawyer placed the picnic basket on the ground close to the pond, the exact same spot we used to sit in when we would sneak away here as kids.

       "I really missed this place," I said. "I can't believe you still come here."

       "Of course I do," Sawyer said. "It's a great place to calm do. Calm. Relaxing. Special. It took me a while to come back here after you moved away, though. It just didn't feel the same coming here alone. And I can't believe I'm going to say this because you have a huge ego but... I really missed you, Jamie. A lot."

       "I missed you too," I said. "I know a lot of friends grow apart, especially when they haven't seen each other in years, but we didn't."

       "Yeah, it's almost like you never left," Sawyer said. "I'm happy we were able to just have everything be the same. Well, apart from us being ten years older but we're still the same."

       "I'm happy about it too," I said.

       And even though I didn't want to, I was actually happy I liked Sawyer. I still didn't know what to do about it but I shouldn't be trying so hard to shut out the part that liked him. He was an amazing person. He always made me feel happy. Why should I try to change how I feel about him when it was a great feeling?

__________________

i'm hoping we could get the scene i want to write in chapter 15, which should be up by monday. (i say monday even though i'll start writing it on sunday because i already know it's probably going to be up at 3 am my time)(it's 3:47 am currently and i'm pretty sure i have to wake up early lol i'm horrible with my time maintenance)

(also don't mind me just saying sawyer is in love with jamie)

i mean what?