I May or May Not Have Joined the Army? (Part 1)

What I learned in the last two months of my senior year is that YOU NEVER EVER GO TO CAREER DAY. EVEN IF YOUR TEACHER FORCES YOU TOO.

It all started when my tech teacher made my whole class go down to the career fair to talk to people about career opportunities. However, I didn't need that. I had my life planned out. I would go to college, go to med school and then go on to be a surgeon or orthopedic specialist. That was my plan. However, that day may have changed those plans.

I had to get some signatures from the people at the career fair and the only table set up at that moment was the army. I went over there and talked to them a little bit but then they asked what I wanted to do with my life. I said I wanted to be a doctor and they said they needed people like me. I was intrigued for the rest of the morning. I kept thinking back to what he said and how my contributions would benefit them. There was only one thing in the way. My parents. They would never let me go. Their exact words were: "If you join the army then you're dead to us."

I want about to join but then, something pulled me back to them and I went to get more information at lunch. The guys were pretty surprised that I was there again and were getting my information and everything. It was all going smoothly until...I GET FREAKING BODY SLAMMED AND TACKLED TO THE GEOUND BY MY BEST FRIEND!

"What the hell?" I said.

"Hi!" She said.

I was livid. The two officers at the table were quietly laughing.

"Well, I see that you can handle being tackled to the ground so you'll be fine in the army. We will see you at our recruiting station soon to take the test ok? Bye now!"

And with that, the two sergeants left.

I looked at my friend and she looked back at me.

"Wait...what did I miss?" She asked.

"Umm...I think I just joined the army."

I was so fucked.