My Savour.

*Suicide, mention of drugs and rape warning*
~3rd person POV~

Background, Maia is a 17 year old highschool student, who is giving up on life. Her mother and father seperated when she was little. Maia's father is on and off drugs and alcohol to help him with his loss, her mother died when she turned 8. The sader thing is, it was right on Maia's birthday. Her mother was on her way to her birthday when she got in a crash, broke her neck/spine and died instantly. Her father became abusive when she turned 10, and rapped her when she was 12, he blackmailed her into not telling the police. Maia pretty much gave up on school when she went into the 7th grade, she got bullied for her clothes not being new. Although her father never gets her new stuff, and will tell her off for wearing stuff that doesent fit her properly. He also wont admit that he has a problem with drugs and alcohol, but he does.

So this brings us to the present day, well night. Its 11:56 P.M on the night before her birthday. Maia was up in her bedroom thinking about ending it all, how she would do it and if she would leave a note. No one would care she has no friends, no family and no one who is close to her. No one would care if she left so why has she waited so long? She has always wanted to end it on her 18th birthday, never wanted to live to 18 ever... her father said that he has a 'surprise' for her on her 18th she hates to think about what it could be, but its either rape or abuse. Both equally not nice and both equally terrible. Maia hates to think about it. It sends shivers down her spine whenever she does.

Maia's POV

Suddenly there was a loud crash from downstairs. I knew it was my dad, so I hid under my blanket and pretended to be asleep. He crashed through the door and my hart started racing, I could smell the alchol from here it made me want to throw-up. He walked over to my bed and sat on the floor what is he doing? Hes never done this before. He then started burping and I thought he was going to throw up. He suddenly dashed to the bathroom and threw up. Ew.

~time skip~

Its finally my 18th birthday and im thinking that tonight is the time to do it, im going to jump off of a building. Im thinking of the grand stan. Its a hotel that is 15 stories tall, and would be great to jump off. I dress in all black with a hood and leggings I also have sandles on with my hair in a messy pony tail. I look like a mess but no ones going to see me so its fine.

I sneak out through my window and leave my phone on my bed with the notes page open, it has my final words on it. Basicaly my will, if you think of it. I start my walk to the grand stan and jump in the elevator and press the roof. When I get there I get out the elevator and see it dropped me on the eleventh floor, what why am I on the eleventh floor? I wanted the roof, stupid thing. I guess im walking up the rest of the four floors by the stairs. While walking up the stairs I have the time to think about what it is that im doing. Im never going to see my family again, my father (thank god!), my grandmother, my auntie Jess and my mother, I'll finally be able to be in heven with her. Oh how I miss you mom, I start to tear up thinking about it. Before long im at the roof. I walk down the hall way and open the door marked 'roof' it doesn't trigger an alarm or anything so I continue. When I step out I see no one around. I walk to the edge of the roof. Looking down I start to tear up again, this time I let the tears fall. I start to snuggle and soon I'm full on crying. I take my left foot off the building, hovering it over the edge. My hart is racing, my ears ringing, my nose runny and my eyes teary. I start to lean forward when I hear someone speak up.
Person: why?
I put my foot back on the roof and turn around, to look at them. They are a male and have short black messy hair, a black hoodie on with ripped jeans. Almost the same as me. I step closer to them.
Maia: what do you mean?
Guy: why do you look like your about to jump off? Why do you look like your about to commit suicide? Why are you commuting suicide? Why?
There crying and that made me tear up.
Maia: my life sucks, no mother, abusive father, terrible grades no social life. I'm a mess, helpless! I look like a homeless person!
They stay quiet.
Maia: what are you doing here?
Guy: the same as you, jumping only-
Maia: only?
He lowers his head. Sighs and looks up at me.
Guy: I stopped myself because, it's my best friends birthday today and mine tomorrow. He would have been 17, he jumped on his 16th I was so sad his whole family and mine were to! Because of bullying! They called him and me names, not nice ones either. After he jumped I got Depression and had to take pills to stop myself from cutting and hurting myself and others. I have never told anyone about this before.
It's at this point I realise I'm full on crying.

Maia: well maybe-
Guy: maybe what?
Maia: maybe we don't have to be this sad.
Guy: what do you mean?
Maia: I mean-
I stopped myself.
Maia: Wait how old are you?
Guy: 17 why?
Maia: well I'm 18 now and that means I can move out, and have my own place. Wanna move in...?
Guy: as like friends? We don't even know names!
Maia: well I'm Maia. You?
Guy: Cole buy my friends call me Colby.
Maia: well Colby what do you say?
Colby: *nods head* yeah sounds better than the life I have right now.
Maia: I'm sorry about your friend-...?
Colby: Jake, Jake Webber.
Hhmmm That name sounds familiar. Oh yeah! Jake and I used to hang out because our mothers were friends.
Maia: I used to hang with him when I was little, our mothers were friends.

~time skip about a year~

Colby and I went to the police about my father, just after we left the hotel. He was put in jail for life for lots of things like not being a good parent to a young kid, rape, drugs and alcohol consumption around young kids and abuse.

Colby and I are now living in an apartment in California LA. We decided to get as far away from Kansas as possible. And while we are here we met up with some other people called
Sam Golbach,
Katrina Stuart,
Corey scherer,
Devyn Lundy,
Aaron Doh,
Elton Castee and
Brennan Taylor.
We all are like one big happy family and in a couple months we will all move into a mansion together. God I can't wait for that to happen. As for now Colby and I are never going to talk about our pasts' and hope to never have to ever again.

I know this took forever and a half to do but I had a pre written chapter that I was working on, I was nearly done too when Wattpad decided to fuc*ing delete it!!!! It was over 1000 words nearly 2000! My longest one yet! But it's gone. So I did this instead! Lol

Word count: 1340,

~peace from the Middle East!