Ordinary After All: Episode Zero

I'm not going to start this story with a once apon a time, a disclaimer, nothing.  I'm just going to tell you the story of a troubled boy and his father, on his first day of school.  But before you know that?  You need to get to know them first. 

Welcome to the story of John Doe and his many associates.

Welcome to the story of a secret organization who is bent on destroying the world.

Welcome to school life.

Welcome to Ordinary After All.

“Ahaha...ahahaha...AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!  I’VE FINISHED! I’VE FINALLY FINISHED!! AFTER MONTHS ON END, THROUGH THE BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS, I’M DONE WITH MY MOST IMPORTANT NOVEL YET!!” someone shouted at the top of their lungs.

“DAD.  WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, I AM TRYING TO SLEEP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!" a boy yelled.

“Ah, sorry son.  I’m just so glad that I finished my new novel!"

“Oh really?  What’s it about?”

“It’s about this man, and he is the only one in this world who has an ability.  He lives in a world of cripples," the father explains.

“Interesting…”

“It isn’t sad though, because he spreads his joy and he uses ability to help people.” the father adds.

The son chokes back a tear, recalling events that happened at a school he previously attended.

“I think it’s pretty interesting.  You?" The father asked.

“It sounds like real life but flipped on its head.” the son replied.

“That’s what I was going for.   My editors are sending a sample of the book, but we are still thinking of a name.  Putting all that work into a book leaves almost no brainpower for the title. Wanna help me name it?” the father offers.

“Sure, why not.”

The father thinks for a minute.  Then, all of a sudden, his face perks up.

“I know!  What about… “It’s an Ordinary World”?

“No, we need something that will draw people in, make people say the title over and over until they get sick of it.”

The two think for a while, the son getting more and more melancholic as time goes on.

“Well, I’m going back to bed.  See ya next week.” the son says.

“Ok...hm.”

The father goes back to thinking.  He gets angry, not thinking of a fitting title. 

However, he gets a eureka moment.

“I’ve got it.
I’ll name it…
UnOrdinary.”

Ordinary After All

Story by GlyterFreeze

Episode 0 (End)

Authors note: For those wondering, this Episode takes place before Episode 105 of unordinary.