Chapter 15 - Catch

Start from the beginning

"Lee! Don't. He'll kill both of us." Her plea seemed to stop him in his tracks. Decklin reached in her pocket, pulled out the cell phone the detective had given her, and threw it on the ground, shooting it! Thankfully he didn't know about the other one. He shoved her into the backseat of his car, not wanting to take Jo-Jo's because he knew Jo-Jo would just take over the situation. So he slid into the front seat, smiling particularly at Leroy as he shut the door.

**************************************************

"Start da car! Mang. We gots ta get outta heeuh!"

"Listen, idiot! I know that! You keep your gun on her, and leave the driving to me, alright?"

"A'ight!"

"Where are we going anyways? We didn't plan that far ahead."

"I say, an dis jus for me myseff, we go back to my crib. We figyuh out wut ta do wiff her, and den we work out whatevuh we needs ta between us."

"You realize they're going to follow us, and I just bet Savannah P.D. knows who you are and all the little places you go. We need to take cover fast. This bad boy, Vern, is gonna take us out if we're not inside with a quickness." Jeremy/Decklin knew the area well enough that there was nothing but marshes for miles between Tybee Island and Savannah: marshes and other islands. They rounded the corner by the lighthouse, and met a wall of flashing lights.

The cop tapped on the window with his flashlight, trying to see in the car. The rain was pouring down so hard, that his efforts were futile. The wind swayed the cars and the cops like they were trees. "You need to take cover. Now! This thing is making landfall soon. You don't want to be caught in this. Go to the gymnasium down on Second Street. At least you'll be out of the elements."

Jeremy nodded at the uniformed civil servant and turned left towards the designated shelter. Once they were in the clear, he looked at Jo-Jo and they both breathed a sigh of relief, laughing at their good fortune.

"We're gonna have to leave the guns in the car. They might have an issue with them. We'll have to untape her, too."

"She look purty ruff, Medicine Mang. How you gonna s'plain dat much bruisin?"

"Our poor neighbor fell off her ladder trying to secure her house!" Both Jeremy and Jo-Jo laughed.

"Das jus funny, mang." His obnoxious laughter filled the cab of the car, sickening Natasha.

Natasha, barely able to stand without assistance, groaned. The physical trauma from the accident was finally cathcing up to her; not to mention the injuries sustained from being detained by these guys.

**************************************************

She would have to find a way to get a message to Lee. Maybe her phone would work, just for a minute. If not, maybe she'd be able to find a woman who had a charger.

"Oh dear, what in the world happened?" An elderly woman, who's name according to her sticky name tag was Eleanor, asked as she helped Natasha inside the gym.

Jeremy spoke up before Natasha could say anything. "She was trying to secure her house and had a pretty nasty fall."

"Why would you do that in a skirt, dear?" She asked rhetorically as Jeremy's face momentarily turned ashen. He knew she wasn't about to lie, so he had to come up with something quick.

"She got home from work and we told her what was going on, so she got straight to it without changing."

Eleanore shook her head, leading Natasha away from the two men and towards the first aid area. "Sit for a minute, dear, and then we'll get you to the bathroom and get you cleaned up. Would you like a change of clothes?" At that prospect, Natasha was delighted and nodded affirmatively.