FIFTEEN

||Maybe I made a mistake yesterday but yesterday's me is still me||

******

I was about to leave the cafe but Sophia returned huffing and sat across me. I glanced at Sophia whose forehead was furrowed as she scowled. After a wave of long silence, she spoke up, "You should pack your things and move tonight."

I slowly darted my eyes towards her, I thought she was joking or maybe she was saying this because I pissed her.

"Come on, you don't want them to torture you. Do you? And who knows they can even use Vincent or Carter or Eleanor or Evangeline also" she said.

Terror overtook my face as she named the people that I have cared for. They can do anything. ANYTHING for the money. Sophia is right I have to save them from Ruby and David which now includes Sophia. I have to save her also but the question is how? Won't they hurt her if I left the house or worse torture her?

I was biting my lip so hard that I didn't realize the blood was dripping down from there.

"I know' I muttered as I wiped the blood with the tissue. "What about her?" I questioned her

"I will be fine. You can leave at midnight or after school. They won't suspect a thing. I will help you to pack your things, please you have to trust me." she pleaded.

Should I trust her or not? After all these years and after all these things...Maybe I should trust her in this after all she had helped me.

"I will leave at midnight. I will text Eleanor and let her know." I finally decided, sipping my coffee. Her eyes glistened and she squeezed my hand. Awkward right???

"Why are you helping me when you know your parents will be mad at you for this?" I asked her.

"I have my reasons" She sighed. "What?" She asked when she saw my expression.

"Why are you always looking scared at school? Acting weird whenever you are talking to Vincent or me?" I asked her. I mean this is not my fault that she is so obvious. "May I ask you what that reason is?" I smiled at her sweetly.

She took a long breath and closed her eyes. "Will you think my mom is crazy if I told you that she sometimes follows me in school?" she asked out of nowhere.

"Definitely yes" I mumbled, shrugging my shoulders

"That's what I figured," She said nodding with me. "You know the first time I noticed her was when you were beaten by my dad and I had this whole first aid kit for you to give you in school but someone dragged me behind the school and threaten me turns out it was my own mom" she confessed.

"She wants me to ruin your school life also and when she saw Vincent and Carter she immediately recognized them and she told me to never let them find out that you were their friend and stick with them to part you guys," she admitted.

"Wow, Ruby is a total -

"Physco. I know" Sophia interrupts me chuckling and wiping her tears from the corner of her eyes. "Don't forget that we are still ignoring each other at school" She warned me while I scoffed.

We left the cafe exactly after four hours and slip through the emergency door so that nobody can catch us. By this time it was lunchtime, I grabbed some Nutella sandwich and some fries. And walked towards Eva who was squinting her eyes at me. Typical her!

"Where the hell have you been?" She asked me as soon as I reached her table.

"I was at a cafe. With Sophia." She spills her drink as soon as she heard that. "Why were you there with her?" She shrieked and I rolled my eyes.

"I have something important to tell you," I said as she raised her eyebrow waiting for my response. And so I did tell her everything.

"So you are telling me that you are moving out from your house to Eleanor's," She asked me a millionth time. I sighed.

"And Sophia offered to help you?" She asked me again. She took a sip from her drink and asked, "Are you on speaking terms with Sophia now?"

Now I am so frustrated. "Oh god! Eva, stop asking the same question for the million times" I shouted.

"Sorry. It's just that this is so unbelievable." She dramatically gestures her hand. "Last question, what about you being a maid?" she points out.

"Holy-" My eyes widened. I haven't thought about that.

"I guess you have to tell them now," Eva said.

I guess I have to tell them now since I will be living with them. But how should I start?

~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
How are you all?
So what do you think of Sophia now?
Any thoughts on this chapter?

See you next time..

Love,
Lucida
❤️❤️❤️

*PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE*