THIRTEEN

||Distance can't stop what's meant to be||

****

My heart was beating rapidly as I was staring into the plain white ceiling of my room. I hope everything will be alright. I hope Uncle David wouldn't find out.

I still haven't admitted in front of Vincent and Carter that I am Lisa. I know it should have done yesterday at the cafe but I was scared.

I closed my eyes and took a long breath.

Flashback

I was chopping onions when uncle David strode towards me with aunt Ruby who was smirking at me.

"Do-Do you need something?" I shutter as I read the smug expression on their faces

"I heard that you are friends with Eleanor's son, Is that true?" He asked

How did they find out about them? I haven't even met them yet.

"He is asking you something, bitch" Ruby snapped at me

"I don't know what you are talking about" I mumbled under my breathe

"Good" He smiles

I widened my eyes. I was surprised by his reaction, I thought he would hit me.

"Even if you know them you will not talk to them. If you are caught talking to them I will slit their throats" He spats

"I- You- You can't" I cried

"Of course I can. We wouldn't want police to find about us now would we?" He smirked walking slowly towards me.

I hold the knife tightly...hoping that he wouldn't come near.

He stopped at the middle staring at something. I followed my gaze and my eyes widened as I realized what he was staring at

A knife in my hand.

Before I could do anything, he grabbed my hand and took the knife away.

He then smirks at me and then cut my wrist..deeply

As the sharpness of the metal slit my skin I screamed...loudly.

But no matter how much I screamed there was no one to help me.

I hold my wounded wrist tightly as David grabbed my hair

"If you dare to talk to them, then next time it will be their throats" He spits

I continued to cry as I cannot stop the blood from oozing out

And the next thing I knew I was on a floor with blurry vision as a girl with brunette hair and hazel eyes helped me to dress my wound.

That girl whoever she was she had hazel eyes like mine and brunette hair like my mother's.

End of flashback

Remembering the girl, I still don't know who she was. I mean whenever she used to help me either I will be half unconscious or sleeping. I just know that if she had a raven hair like mine she will be my replica.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I heard the clattering sound from the kitchen.

I slowly walked towards the kitchen and saw Sophia and Ruby arguing. It was not my intention to eavesdrops but I can't help it they are way too loud. They seem to forget that I was home.

"Mom, please I haven't done anything" Sophia was begging a furious Ruby who was gripping Sophia and from the look of it she must have hurt her arm.

"Then why are you peeking in her room? Worried that I will take my anger out on her? Trying to help her again?" She pointed her finger at poor Sophia who is crying and begging hard like she was scared of something.

What are they talking about? Whose room? Whom did Sophia help?

"I didn't help her." She shouted. "Trust me" she begged her with pleading eyes.

"How can I trust you? You have always tried to help her. Did you forget what had happened last time you helped her?" Ruby smirked. And I glance at Sophia who was trembling with fear as if she remember it crystal clear.

My heart clenched seeing her like this. I have always hated her but now..at this moment I can't. I thought that she was a spoilt brat but never have I thought that she would be like this; completely vulnerable.

After a good few minutes of eavesdropping, when it seems like Ruby was coming to my direction, I quickly hid behind the door.

I quietly went inside the kitchen where Sophia was sitting on the floor. Her arms hugging her knees and her head rested on her knees. I tried making some sound but she didn't budge, she was just staring ahead...not even blinking her eyes.

"Hey" I squeaked, hoping to get some response. "Sophia?" I called her but she was just crying silently. "Are you okay?" I tried to shake her. "Sophia?"

"What?" She shouts and glared at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly and offered her my hand to help her.

"You shouldn't be here," She said glaring at me. "Did my mom saw you?" She asked being suddenly worried. "No, I hid before she could catch me" I replied honestly and she just nods her head.

"Don't ignore the threats from my mom and dad" She mutters glancing sideways and then rushed towards her room

"Wait" I called after her so that I can ask her what was she talking about. She stops in her track and faces towards me giving me a slight smile and then again rushes to her room.

That's when it hit me-Sophia!!!

The girl with brunette hair and hazel eyes was her. Sophia. She was the one who helped me but why? That's why she wouldn't talk to me while examining me. That's why she would always help me while I was asleep or while I was unconscious

That's what Ruby was talking about because she found out that she helped me. And how could I not notice her hair and her eyes?

God!! I am fucking stupid.

~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
I hope you like this chapter.

\\\So let me again remind you that Alyssa went to Catholic school and Vincent and Carter went to another middle school. So when they drift apart they didn't recognize her because they were too young.\\\

See you in next chapter...

Love
Lucida
❤️❤️❤️

*PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE*