ONE

||Loneliness is dangerous. It's addictive.||

***

"Mom, where are you? It's already 8:00 in the morning" I shout at top of my lungs from the kitchen.

"Alyssa West stop shouting! Come and help me in the storeroom" My mom shouted back; I can sense her frustration all across the room.

"I'm making breakfast, mom" I yelled back. What the hell she is doing in that room? I muttered to myself; thinking to myself that she isn't the one to clean that massive room.

"Language" I heard my mom scolding me, she was carrying a big box, somewhat it looks heavy-really heavy.

My dad came in his tuxedo looking very handsome and helped my mom carry the box. I, on the other hand, had finished preparing omelets and sausages and was reading to gobble down.

"Sweetpea, are you sure you don't want us to call Sophia?" My dad asked looking concerned.

"Dad I am almost an adult now and you guys are going away for only two days," I whined like a child. "I can manage. Don't worry." I lied smoothly.

Well, not a full lie. I am indeed almost an adult, I mean I am sixteen. But I don't want Sophia to come over-that bitch. God, why did you give me that bitch as my only cousin?

It's not that I hate her or anything it's just whenever she is here she acts like a brat.

"Darling! That's why I told you to have some friends" my mom interrupted my thought, sounding very serious.

"I don't want a bunch of stupid girls when I have Eva if you want to call then why don't you call Eva?" I told them

I mean why can't she understand the fact that my best friend Evangeline Black aka Eva alone is enough.

"Ok then I will call her mom and let her know," My mom signs finally realizing my stubbornness

"Ok, it's time for us to go. Texas, we are coming!" My dad interrupted before my mom could say anything. His face is glowing like a bulb

"Dad you are going for a business talk." I reminded him, rolling my eyes. "Give my regards to grandpa and tell him to take care of his health," I told them waving goodbye as they kept their luggage in the car.

"Take care, Alyssa" Mom winked.

"Lisa, mom! How many times do I have to tell you?" I complained and then I waved them goodbye.

As soon as they were out of sight, I ran to call Eva but her phone went straight into the voicemail. She must still be in her aunt's house, I thought.

As I was about to go for a little walk, The phone line rings, very loudly. I groaned and picked it up wondering who was calling on a house line.

"Hello"

"Hello, is this Alyssa West"

"Speaking"

"Miss I have some bad news for you. Mr. and Mrs. West who were on the way to Texas were caught in a car crash.

My whole body went numb as soon as I heard that sentence.

I woke up, panting. I have this nightmare almost all night since last year. My eyes were still tired and my whole body aches. A proper sleep was never in my dictionary ever since I was adopted by my uncle and aunt after the car crash.

The clock has already struck 4:00 in the morning. Quickly, I got up from my bed and took a five minutes shower. I changed my sweats into dark jeans and a white t-shirt in which SWAG was printed. I arranged my backpack for the school and locked my room securely because the last time when I left my room opened Aunt Ruby barged and messed my room like a hell. And when I complained, she being an A-class bitch throws tantrums saying she was falsely accused.

My aunt and uncle had always treated me like trash. They won't acknowledge me and the worst of all I have to do all their things including dinner, laundry, etc. And sometimes they will get angry and will slap me. As for Sophia, well she is Sophia. She ignores me as long as I am not in her way.

"Only three months to go, Alyssa. Then you can earn your freedom." I muttered myself and left the house.

Once I reached Eleanor's doorway, a smile spread across my face. Eleanor Jones and my father works at the same company before she realized that working in the company is not her thing. So she started working in a hospital as a nurse.

Even though she worked in a hospital she became close with both my mom and dad. My mom loves spending time with her so she used to come over to our house at weekends or we used to go at theirs. It's like a tradition.

And I also love spending time with her even though, she has two devils in her house. Her son and her nephew.

She is a very nice woman and can be very persuasive sometimes. She knows my condition and even offered to help me but I politely declined her. But she was kind enough to offer me a job at her house; even though I told her I didn't need money.

I used the spare key which Eleanor had given me and sneak into the kitchen and prepare breakfast for the golden brothers.

I mean it's not a hard job, to make breakfast and dinner for the golden brothers and watch the house for Eleanor as she is very busy.

I set the breakfast in the table and stick a note which says:

Start your new beginning with a smile.

P.S: Don't forget to warm your breakfast.

Because I knew, they are too lazy to warm up the breakfast.

Once I was finished with my breakfast, I headed towards the school

~~~~

Hello my lovelies!!
I hope you liked this chapter.

Love,
Lucida

*PLEASE VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE*