NINE

||It sucks when you feel
like you aren't good enough||

****

I slowly processed everything Sophia had said.

That bitch just told Eleanor's name in front of freaking Jones brother.

What if they found out who I am? What if my uncle does what he says to do?

My mind was thinking rapidly...but nothing seems to be in right place.

My legs carried me away from Sophia...I didn't realize where am I until I stopped at the backyard where the oak tree was.

I studied it's structure only to find out that it hasn't changed at all. Although I work as a maid here, I never came at this spot because there are too many memories and now these memories are replaying in my mind.

Flashback

"Cart, why are you always staring at this tree?" I questioned Carter

"It's because this is the oak tree and it signifies bravery and strength. Whenever I feel sad I looked at this tree"

"Why are you sad?" I questioned

"It is because you didn't give us cookies that your mom made," 7-year-old Vincent says pinching my cheek

"Is that so, then I will tell mommy and Aunty Eleanor to give us some cookies," I said innocently looking at them.

Flashback II

I was crying hard because my mom told me that my granny had died of leukemia.

I loved my granny because whenever I visited her she used to make me a doll, candies, and cookies.

"Lisa, why are you crying?" Vincent says hugging me tightly.

"It's because my mommy says my granny will now rest forever and we can only see her as a star," I said sniffling

"Dimple come, I will show you something" Carter came behind me and drag me with him. My small foot followed him and stopped at their garden.

"Why are you showing me this tree?" I looked at Carter and Vincent because my mind can't seem to understand.

"Because it will give you strength and you will become a strong girl. So whenever you feel like crying just come here and take strength from this tree" Vincent says caressing my hair. Even though they were just 7-year-old they were more mature than me.

"Yes, dimple, Vince and I always do that" Carter gave me a reassuring smile and handed me some cookies that he had hidden in his pocket.

"Carter, will you become my boyfriend? Sophia said that a boyfriend is someone who treats you like a princess. And she bullies me because I have no boyfriend" I said sweetly and innocently.

"Silly girl. Not all the boyfriends treat you like a princess. You don't need a boyfriend to be a princess. You have us. And no, I am not your boyfriend, stupid girl. I am like your twin brother because we were born on the same day. But you can ask Vincent" He pointed at Vince who had a pink tint on his cheeks.

I gave Vincent a puppy eyes and a pout to force him to say 'yes.'

"Of course, yes. How can I ignore this cute little face?" he ruffled my hair knowing that I hate it when someone touches my hair.

End of flashback

I kept these memories buried inside my heart for god knows how many years being afraid that this will break me.

I traced my hand against the hardwood and buried my face against it.

I was very familiar with this woody scent, whenever we were sad we used to hug this tree-like our life was depended on it.

And right now I am hugging this tree very tightly......

I still believed what Carter had said to me.

"I missed you, mom and dad. Wherever you are I hope you are hearing me right now. I am sick of this life. Life is treating me like a bitch. My own blood despite me, treats me like shit. I have no one to rely on except Eleanor. Even though I was not blood-related to her she treats me like her daughter.

And you know what the fun part is...I can't even tell Carter and Vincent that I am their Lisa. Their only annoying friend.

I am sick of all this. I am scared." I sobbed, still hugging the tree

I don't know for how long I sat there, crying my eyes out. Suddenly, the soft hand rubbed my cheek gently. I squinted my eyes so that I could get a proper look.

"Mom" I croaked. I can't believe she was here with her dazzling smile.

"Hello Alyssa" She gives a genuine smile. This really can't be true. I must be hallucinating, I thought.

"You are here." I cried. "This is a dream, right? This has to be a dream" I tried to hug her.

"Oh sweetie, Don't cry, everything will be fine. You have your full life ahead of you. Just believe in yourself" she said and then vanishes into the thin air before I could say anything to her.

My eyes snapped open after I heard a shuffling sound. I searched my mom but inside my heart, I knew that it was all a dream.

A dream where she told me to be strong. She told me to hang on. She told me that everything is going to be okay.

~~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
So, any thoughts about the chapter??
Who was watching Alyssa?
Do you believe in myths?

See in next chapter

Love,
Lucida
❤️❤️❤️

*PLEASE SHARE,COMMENT AND VOTE*