TEN

||Promise yourself to be strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind||

*****

Vincent's POV:

I was very surprised to know that Alyssa has a cousin named SOPHIA.

This is very hard to believe, though

I mean look at Alyssa- sweet, friendly, pretty and cute whereas Sophia is well Sophia- weird.

How can they even relate? I mean I haven't seen them being cozy nor have I seen them fighting. They just ignore each other like strangers. But sometimes they do talk only when Sophia is being weird. I mean she rarely talks to anyone

but when she talks to Alyssa or me she acts like someone is forcing her to do it.

I gave a side glance at Carter who was looking equally stunned as I am.

"......and your stupid mother's friend Eleanor" As soon as those words leave Sophia's mouth my whole attention snapped at her

"Evangeline Black...Eleanor Jones" she slurred.

ELEANOR JONES?? As in my mother? OR are there any other Eleanor Jones in this town??

I looked at Carter with what-the-hell look and he did the same as if we were mind-linking each other.

Eva stormed towards Sophia like a protective sister but before she could reach her, Carter held her. As they were arguing I watched Alyssa walking as if she had seen a ghost. I bet she doesn't even know where she was going.

I slowly followed her at the backyard, she stopped in front of the oak tree

That same tree which held so many precious memories.

"Is she our Lisa?" Carter came behind me with a desperate look. His look on the face told me that he was begging her to be our Lisa.

"I-I think-I don't know" I shuttered. But inside I was begging too.

I held Carter who was halfway towards Alyssa. "Where are you going?" I whispered-asked him, gripping his arm.

"To ask her, duh" I can sense his annoyance.

"Ask her what? Hey, are you Lisa? our long lost friend? Really? Do you even think she will answer you? Let's just wait here and make a plan" I gave him my pleading look

"Fine, no offense but your pleading look is GROSS" he smirked at me. Typical asshole.

We waited there and watched her every move. She was sobbing and pleading. After a while, she was silent, probably sleeping. We decided to take her into the room but her muttering stop us, dead in the track.

"I missed you, mom and dad. Wherever you are I hope you are hearing me right now. I am sick of this life. Life is treating me like a bitch. My blood despite me, treats me like shit. I have no one to rely on except Eleanor. Even though I was not blood-related to her she treats me like her daughter.

And you know what the fun part is...I can't even tell Carter and Vincent that I am their Lisa. Their only annoying friend."

After leaving those words Carter and I stood there like we have seen a corpse. Stunned. We tried to speak but nothing came out of our mouths, She is really Lisa- Mr. and Mrs. West's daughter.

Of course, how can be ignore the fact that her name was Alyssa West? We should have known. We are so dumb. Now that I remember, my mom told me that her actual name was not Lisa. People call her Lisa because she didn't like to use her full name.

Stupid us.

"Dimple...." Carter said in a faint voice. He must be surprised too. The whole time she was here with us yet we failed to recognize her.

"She-she was here whole time yet we failed to recognize her. We have failed ourselves..." Carter said as if he was reading my thought.

"It's not your fault, guys" We snapped our head at Eva who came was standing there with a sad expression. She was here the whole time?

"You were here the whole time?" Carter again read my thought while Eva nods. And then she continues, "Alyssa doesn't want anyone of you to know her truth" she spoke softly like I was a vampire who was gonna rip her heart out.

"But why?" Carter asked softly probably sensing her nervousness.

Eva fidgets with her fingers and bits her bottom lip. She was so nervous and I have never seen her that nervous.

"Damn, tell us already" Carter snapped. I knew his patience is running out.

"Carter, clam down. There must be a good reason" I tried to calm him down so that he won't scare the poor girl.

"Sorry" He muttered and hung his head low.

"Tell us Evangeline" I encouraged her. "Tell us everything, so that we can help her," I told her.

"It's because of her uncle. He seems to be a dangerous guy... He threatened her with your and Carter's life if she says anything...." That was enough to snap me. "That son of a --"

Carter cuts me off with his fake cough and gave the we-will-solve-this-out look.

"I know it's frustrating but we cannot do anything about this until Lisa turns 18. Please don't tell her that I told you this and please pretend that you guys don't know anything about this" She pleaded. I nod my head and took a long breath.

"Of course, I am good at pretending" Carter mutter under his breath. I know what he is talking about.

"What do you mean?" Eva questions with a puzzled look.

"He means that he likess~~~ " Before I could continue my sentence Carter pushed me causing to shuffle a bush. And before Alyssa could see us we ran for our lives...

I will protect her. I can't let anyone hurt her. I promise.

~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
What do you guys think?

See you in next chapter...

Love,
Lucida
❤️❤️❤️

*PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE*