FOURTEEN

||When things change inside you, things change around you||

*****

This should be a dream. A really funny dream. I reminded myself over and over again. Bur how much I convinced myself, I know that this is not a dream. But it doesn't make any sense. I mean how could she be so similar to mom and me.

Suddenly I remember something. Something that I have been ignoring for these past years.

I sprinted to my room and went through the old stack box which had some reminders of my parent's including photo albums.

It should still be here because I haven't gone through this stuff since my parent's funeral. I hurriedly searched for a picture. A picture of my 2nd birthday with me, mom, dad, and a little girl in mom's arm who was just like my mom.

I have always wondered who she was but every time I questioned my parents, they would either change the topic or ignores it.

But now I think I know the answer.

The photo must have been taken on our 2nd birthday.

I have to get an answer, I have to talk to her.

I went to school, still thinking. It feels like my brain was on fire...different kinds of thought circles around my head. And being the stupid girl that I am I didn't even realize that the floor was wet, so I slipped and landed on my back.

Shit!! What an embarrassment.

I hissed as pain erupted in my back but this pain was less painful for me.

My eyes flickered to Sophia who was about to enter a class. Ignoring the gaze that stupid students were giving me; I ran after her and dragged her to an empty classroom.

"What the fuck?" She shrieked, I locked the classroom door ignoring her completely.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked me

"Listen, I will straight get to the point. I know that you were the one that had always helped me whenever I was sick." I told her.

Her eyes widened and she looks as if she had seen a ghost. "What- Are you insane? Why would I help you out of all people? I don't even know what the hell you are talking about?" Sophia said biting her lip

"Oh really, Sophia? Are you gonna continue THIS ACT?" I asked her, gesturing my hand.

She just bits her lip staring at me intensely probably having an inner argument; while I was standing there putting my hands on the hip and glaring at her with equal intensity.

"Now tell me what did you mean when you told me about ignoring the threats from David and Ruby?" I asked her giving her tell-me-the-truth look

"Just do as I say. Don't ask" I gripped her hand so that she wouldn't run away. "I need to know everything because this is about me" I gritted my teeth. She sighed and huffed 'Fine'

"Mom and dad are going to take all of your money this Friday because after three weeks you will be eighteen and according to them when you will be eighteen you will escape with THEIR money," She said.

Heck!! My birthday is coming after three weeks??

"What money? I don't even have money." I exclaimed. Why do they keep telling me to give me the money when I don't even know where it is.

"I know and I think you should leave our house this instant, you never knew when will they torture you to death for the damn money. You can crash into Eleanor's. I always knew she means a lot to you I just-

"You were forced to hate me." I interrupted her. "You were forced to envy me and forced to become a snobby bitch" I pointed out. I watched her as fear crossed her face.

"Now I know why you were always so scared of your parents and why you always complained about me in front of them. You were scared, scared that they won't love you and you wanted to catch their attention by being what they've always wanted you to become." I finally put the pieces together

"I am right, ain't I?" I asked her. She gritted her teeth and averted her gaze. "You don't know anything" She growled.

"I may or may not have listened to the conversation between you and Ruby" I replied smiling.

Her mouth fell open and her eyes bored into mine probably waiting for my response.

"Don't look at me like that" I exclaimed while she lifted an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and added, "I have something important to tell you but not here let's skip class and you don't have to worry I will just text Eva to fill us in."

She thought I was joking but when she finally gest that I was being serious she gives in.

We both used the backdoor and went to the cafe not far from our school. This whole time Sophia was tensed; her eyes were darting everywhere and she kept on biting her lip.

After we sat on the table; a sweet waitress came towards us to take our order. We ordered waffles and vanilla shake.

"What do you want to talk?" she asked as she was scanning the cafe.

"Okay, first of all, why are your eyes darting here and there this whole time?" I drew my brows together and scanned her face.

"Why do you keep studying me? It's creepy" She hissed. "Get to the point"

I snort at her attitude. "So do you think we can be related?" I asked.

She watched me as if I had grown my second head. Then she laughs. "Is 'Cousin' is the synonym for a stranger?"

I glared at her sarcastic question. "I mean like twins?" I asked. As soon as she heard 'twins', terror overtook her face and she clenched her jaw.

"What makes you think like that?" she asked me in a calm yet dangerous way.

" I don't know. I just noticed that you have brunette hair like my mom's and same hazel eyes like mine. I know I am sounding stupid right now but I just remember that we were born on the same day." I admitted

"Lots of people have the same birth dates. It doesn't mean all of them are twins." She snarled. "Look, it's for your good, just stay out of all this." She then left the cafe leaving me stunned.

~~~~

See you next time...

Love,
Lucida
❤️❤️

*PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE*