#6 Rest

Last week was terrible. The pack's security team found out there's been an intruder. Helena and I stayed home and guards were on patrol near the house, day and night.

Although I didn't complain about not going to school, I couldn't help but be scared.

What if someone came in and killed me?

But they eventually caught the perpetrator. I didn't ask anyone who he was? What was he doing here? And what happens to him?

Something told me I wouldn't like the answer to any of those questions.

Just to be safe, Helena and I were held back at home for a few more days before normal life resumes.

When I return to school, I can't believe how much I missed it.

At lunch, Zack comes and sits beside me. I usually eat alone.

"Hey!" he says.

"Hey!"

"How're you?" he asks.

"Alive," I say.

He laughs. "What happened before scared you, huh? Don't worry, it was nothing. The rogue couldn't even enter the main land."

Is that what he was? A rogue? Not an assassin?

I don't ask, and Zack continues, "You get scared so easily!"

I look at him a little cross. I might not be as brave as them, but when someone's life is in danger it's perfectly normal for them to feel scared.

"What? Are you looking at me angry? I won't know if you don't tell me," he mocks.

I turn back to my lunch. I won't feed the fire. He'll leave soon.

Zack shakes his head and says, "Anyway, we're going out."

"Out where?" I ask him with food in my mouth.

"To a cabin. It belongs to Mathew's family. It's away and deep in the woods. We go there sometimes to relax. We're going this weekend."

I'm not sure which question to ask him first: How can a remote location like that be safe? or By "we" he means me too?

Either way, I answer, "I'm not going if you're asking me to. I feel safer here."

He laughs. "Oh my God, you're such a scaredy-cat. Tell me, how will you be safe in the house if Mathew and I are not there?"

The spoon, full of fried rice, hangs mid-air in my hand. That's... a good question. I turn to Zack who breaks into a louder laugh.

"You should see your face!"

"Don't, Zack. Are you guys really going to leave me alone?" I ask, scared for my life.

"No, silly. You're coming with us."

"I'm not going," I say, putting down my spoon and crossing my arms. A cabin in the deep woods is not safe.

"You don't have a choice," Zack says, bringing his hands behind his head and stretching.

"Mathew and I are stressed as hell. We need a break, too, you know."

I get it. I get it, especially with all that happened. But, come on! Pick some other place.

Before I could voice that, Zack says, "The cabin is perfectly safe. You'll be fine."

I shake my head and look down at my lunch. I'm not hungry anymore.

Three days later, the weekend arrives, and we pack and leave for the cabin.

Just as Zack said it's deep into the woods. There's a pond near it.

When Helena and I unpacked our stuffs, the boys went for a swim.

I'm in the kitchen now, patiently waiting for Helena to make me a sandwich. I'm hungry from travelling this far and moving our stuff.

As soon as she places a plate of egg sandwich in front of me, I dig in.

I hear the main door open and the boys coming in.

"Guys!" Helena shouts at them from before me. She's angry. To see what made her angry, I turn and see the two guys.

Dripping wet, and shirtless!

Quickly, I turn back and focus on my sandwich. I'm blushing. I know that. I may not have a wolf that howls at her mate, but I'm still a girl. Two hot men, shirtless, will get me no matter what.

Helena, however, is still angry and shouting. "Get out! You got water all over the floor. Don't come back till you guys have dried yourselves completely. And then mop the water off the floor!"

Involuntarily, I smile into my sandwich at the thought of our pack's Alpha and Beta mopping the floor.

"Come on! it's not even that wet," Zack says before he's dragged out by Mathew. Our Alpha is smart.

"You want another one?" Helena asks once she has calmed down. I nod with my last bite of sandwich still in my mouth.