Midnight Scales (Request)

Requested by Trimnere

Thanks for the 1000 views! I feel like I've improved so much since the beginning! Now, when you search up 'Johnlock Oneshots', I'm the fourth to come up. It may be not that big of a deal for the specific of a search but it still makes me feel good about my writing. A little confidence boost is honestly something that I need...constantly. I'm so happy the views of this book and the amount of people reading is growing so fast. At first this was a thanks for 900 views lol.

The idea of Mermaid Sherlock really inspired me when it was mentioned to me as a request. I can imagine what it would look like, what would happen. Just imagine the waves of the sea and the utter awe of John. Enjoy!

-
The Diary of John Watson, July 9th

1st entry

I have a little side hobby that I do whenever I have the chance. I save mermaids. They sell really high on the market, and not a lot of people can afford them. That's why I steal them. From counterfeit money to sinking ships, I'm sure I seem to be a real hero. I still get called a hero, but I slipped up today. It made me really question how much of a hero I actually am if I can't even manage to do my job.

-

I usually got up in the early morning, around 4 o'clock. I didn't get much sleep, especially since my nightmares from the sea were coming back. Things of horrendous monsters and sword wounds.

I walked out onto the pier, and one of my conclusions was that it was going to be a clear day. The clouds looked like the cotton candy they sell in the square. The sea reflected the orange sunrise.

There was a rock that sat on the side of the pier. I normally go there to check on the mermaids that live in the cove, or at least I think there is a cove. They would never tell me.

A man...man-maid? I had never seen one of those before. He had orange hair and a sharp nose. He looked, in the most polite way I can say, constipated.

"Hello?"I asked. I tried to walk closer to the man, but I only got three feet closer to him before he glared at me.

"Sea captain John Watson?"The (John scribbles out multiple names) Merman asked, he almost spit the words at me.

"Yes. What do you need? Where is Lyla?"Lyla was the lady I would frequently meet here if anyone from her mermaid tribe people went missing or had been captured.

"She's not... available..."He said, I assumed that he had killed her from the look on his face.

"What did you...do to her exactly??"I asked, my face souring in anger.

"I didn't say I did anything to her. This is just a...personal request."He replied nonchalantly.

"Then what is it?"I asked, I could tell both of us were getting impatient.

"My brother...got curious about human life and was captured. We usually don't expose that we have..mermaids of the male gender. But, I guess it's too late. I had heard of your works and I thought you were perfect. Don't mess it up."That was the basics of what he said. He said so much information about how horrible his brother is, how childish his brother is that I could remember it all.

The first mistake I made was not taking into account of how...large...the ship was going to be. It had taken out part of the dock when it pulled in and I remember standing on the boardwalk and laughing.

I decided to go for a disguise. It was a large boat, people wouldn't notice one extra shipmate. I had run back to my tiny apartment that looked over the sea. I could see the ship from there, which was good.

Johnlock OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara