67 - Helena Fox and The Villainess

Start from the beginning

As for Jesmaine's transgression in the ballroom... it was buried quickly... under harsh stares from the Headal students that began to form a pack around her... something that makes her incredibly uncomfortable, and she certainly manages to escape their surveillance very adeptly... watching her from the distance has become like watching a bad play... and from what I manage to hear, Jesmaine's fiancé is becoming increasing frustrated with her rejections...

There is so much I simply don't understand... like... why do the north and south have any opinion on whoever Alstair marries? In fact, shouldn't they choose her? Why in the world do they make such an effort to separate the two?

If I marry Alstair you guys will have to deal with the so called child of Scorog... at least I've found out that is what I am called in Zocria.

Furthermore, it's not like either country has sent someone to charm our Heroine. They don't appear to want her for their own, at least not the proper way... there's going to be a rather cute event in a few months where Claire and Soleil gets kidnapped. In the original story this was the turning point for Soleil's character. The heroine began to sympathize with him, and he finally accepted he couldn't force her and was utterly charmed. It's a sugar sweet event that I am looking forward to, and since those events don't seem to have trouble, it might actually happen. Sadly I can't observe it from up close.

—-*—-

"Lily-sama."

My conclusions over the progress for the last two months are cut short by Magdalin's voice.

I peer up from my exotic tea and peer across the table. Magdalin has been actively sending Lionel warning glances whenever we pass, and since I know that Lionel is the one that sent me a stare of malice, I am also aware that Magdalin knew that, and was keeping it from me... I'm not sure why, so I've been observing her closely.

It is not as though I've not asked her, but she's simply t-

"Helena is here," she says with a slight smile. I feel as though she's seeing past my mask more often recently, but since she is sincerely just trying to protect me, I'll leave it be

Instead I will focus on a sweet punishment that I, at least, have been looking forward to.

Helena Fox looks quite exhausted, and looks bitterly and tearfully at the ground. The look of bitter and grudging defeat.

"Lily Celeste, I've a letter for you from my Lord..."

She looks bitter as she stops in front of me and hands over the beautifully written letter.

Her Lord is a Duke, not someone I can mess with easily. Still, I doubt he deems Helena worth the trouble she brought along... and by the time I've read halfway through the letter, I get the point.

I pause reading and stare at Helena.

"It appears your Lord insists that you are regretful for your actions, but I cannot help but to need to see such a thing in person. So, why don't you get on your knees, Helena Fox."

She grimaces bitterly, but gets on her knees without a word, and plainly stares at the ground while on her knees, though without sitting down into seiza.

I click my tongue at her.

"That is supposed to be a form for apologizing? Put your hands on the ground, and your head as well."

She follows my order with obedience this time and is almost in the position I want.

"Now gather your hands with palms down in front of your head and press your fingers together."

I get her down into dogeza with a little guidance, and look satisfied over her cowered form, and continue to read the letter quite satisfied.

Foreigners have quite stiff limbs, and she is on the ground as well. It is likely uncomfortable, and quite shameful. Of course, I've no intention of letting her get up from dogeza for a while. This will let people passing by see her very sincere apology.

"You...."

Words slip from Helena's lips.

"Your ladyship," I correct her plainly.

"...this form..." she speaks out in a trembling voice.

"...why... like this?" She asks again, this time more clearly.

I glance from the paper and down to Helena for a moment.

"It's elegant," is all I respond before going back to the letter.

"What is... what is you ladyship planning?"

She was rather chatty for someone supposed to be repenting her actions. Perhaps I'd make her stay more.

"Having you stay there until I am satisfied, and then send you off back to Claire, if she still wants you."

I place that last comment on purpose. Claire may be naive, but she wasn't stupid.

"...why are you so cruel? Do you enjoy this so much?"

I nearly sighed and glanced to Magdalin. Magdalin was glaring at Helena rather angrily. She probably wasn't interfering because I was talking to her.

"I am merely punishing an insult. You even get off just with dogeza, you should be thankful."

Things went quiet for a while... that certainly took a while.

—-*—-

I finished my tea peacefully and read the rest of the letter. There wasn't anything important other than apologies.

I let my gaze fall back down upon Helena.

"Your apology?"

"...I apologize for going out of line, and speaking above my station. I apologize for causing a ruckus... and for calling you-.... your ladyship a monster..."

I have a satisfied nod.

"Very well, you may get up, your apology has been accepted."

Helena finally moved up, rather smoothly too... but as our eyes met I made sure to give her a good taste of killing intent...

Her already pallid and tear filled expression went blank with fear, as if this was the first time she'd felt it.

Her eyes filled with tears again, and they rolled down her cheeks.

Yet... she searched my eyes for something. Something I have no idea what was.

She turned and hurried away. I doubted I would have trouble with Helena for a while...