Chapter 17 - Old Nicky (And The Ball)

Comenzar desde el principio

Terry grinned at me. "Tell me the colour of your dress robes when you get them, okay?"

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

He studied my face for a second, before a familiar smile appeared on his face, and he strode out the double doors as well.

That smile was the same smile that Lavender and Parvati had on in the common room. A sly, triumphant smirk. Weird ...

"So." George nudged me playfully. "You and Terry, huh?"

"As friends, obvs." I rolled my eyes, but something in me was screaming at me that it was otherwise. And something else was nagging at my mind. An uneasy feeling ... about that smirk Terry had on when he left the Great Hall. Why did he leave so soon? But wait ... it was right after Draco left.

"Oh, I don't think so." Fred smirked.

"Seconded." Amy smirked too.

"Thirded." Shannon grinned.

"Fourthed." Suzanne spluttered, and everyone laughed.

But I still felt really uneasy.

"Guys, I have to go." I said, darting upwards from the table.

"-Snog Terry?" Fred sniggered.

I shot him the Death Glare.

"You've done it now, Fred." George sniggered.

"Alarte Ascendare!" I shrieked, and Fred shot right up into the air. "Engorgio!" I then yelled, pointing my wand at a certain part of his anatomy, which immediately began to swell in size.

Fred thumped to the ground as giggles rang out across the Great Hall. I strode out the double doors.

I searched the corridors, taking shortcuts, and eventually I found Draco, heading towards the Entrance Hall (which was strange, because he'd just come from the Entrance Hall, and the dungeons lead off from it - what was he doing up here?). He looked incredibly shaken.

"Are you okay, Dragon?" I asked anxiously.

"Y-yeah." He stammered, running a hand through his hair.

"What di- did Terry say to you?" I asked, on a hunch.

"Nothing." Draco said. "Nothing at all, Daze."

I stared at him. He stared back, but he was giving me a face-scan. He leaned in slightly, then drew back, shook his head, and said, "I only want you to be happy, Daisy."

Then he turned and hurried away.

I stared at the spot where he had been a moment ago.

"That was weird ..." I muttered to myself.

I practically sprinted up to the Ravenclaw door.

Terry was there, thinking over a riddle.

"Terry." I said. "What did you say to Draco?"

He turned to me, the picture of calm. "Nothing, Daze, why?" He asked nonchalantly.

I sighed. "Well, bye."

Terry grinned at me. "Bye."

I turned and walked away, while behind me, Terry said, "Four?" And the eagle door knocker said, "Right you are."

Back in the common room, Harry, Ron, and Hermione came through the portrait hole.

"Uh, Daisy?" Ron asked, playing with the bottom of his school jumper. "Will you go to the ball with me?"