Their research declared Diane Felicity Lange to be a forty-one-year-old assistant manager at an insurance brokerage in south Seattle. Primarily dealing with insurance for water craft and motor-homes, Diane had been at the firm for twelve years, working her way up from claims assistant. A Mom and Pop business, despite her title, Diane all but ran the place while her employers enjoyed semi-retirement.

She had no criminal history and no debts other than a small mortgage on her modest three-bedroom home in a decent Seattle suburb. My inquires corroborated Ray's version of how they met; at a Subway restaurant near Diane's work when she was collecting the Friday lunch order for her work colleagues. A weekly treat she shared with the eight other workers at her firm, Diane had been waiting when she caught Ray's eye.

Dropping off a commission in the area, Ray had stopped by Subway for lunch before returning to Montesano. From the security tape, the shop was super busy, and Diane had been waiting for her catering order. No other seats available, Ray had invited her to join him at his table while she waited. His own meal finished, Ray had no reason to stay, but they chatted and twenty minutes later he helped Diane carry her order to her car, in the process asking for her number. Since then, they'd been texting and calling. Slowly at first, then more and more frequently before progressing to several face-to-face dates.

Diane's internet history showed nothing suspicious, although her recent online searches for sexy but not slutty nightwear for the middle-aged lady, and advice on how to handle meeting a new partner's adult children, hinted about her expectations for this weekend.

"Did everything check out?" Ana asked out of the blue, knowing I would have had a background check run before us meeting Diane.

"It did. Nothing of concern on her background check. On paper at least she comes across squeaky clean."

I noticed my wife relax back into her seat. She adored Ray and wanted him to be happy.

"And previous relationships?" she probed.

"Married at twenty-three. They were only married a few months when her husband was diagnosed with lymphoma. He endured several rounds of treatment, but died when she was twenty-eight. That's when she moved to Seattle to start again."

"How horrible," Ana murmured, reaching over to rest her hand on my leg. I gripped it, squeezing her hand with mine.

We made good time to Olympia, Teddy sleeping the entire way. We pulled up at the Marina at ten, parking in the lot with Taylor and Clarke parking a few spots down.

"Since we're early, I'm going to feed Teddy," Ana announced, climbing into the back of the car and taking off her cardigan. Slipping the straps from her sundress, she lowered the bodice before opening her nursing bra and lifting Teddy into position. With the tinted glass, facing the water, no one could see what Ana was doing, but I couldn't wipe the smile from my face as I watched our son find her nipple and feed. My wife giving our son sustenance was a beautiful thing to see!

 My wife giving our son sustenance was a beautiful  thing to see!