f o u r t e e n

thamana's pov :

i spin my straw around in my slurpee and my eyes focus on the movie, blocking out any other noises.

"thamana!"

my eyebrows furrow in confusion as i look towards grayson's soft whisper and he points to the exit, waving for me to follow.

as i was about to say 'no,' grayson stands up abruptly and walks out of the front doors of the movie arena.

"you leaving too?" aditya whispers as he leans over to me

"how'd you guess?" i ask sarcastically

he shrugs his shoulders and nods his head towards the doors, waving me off.

"just stay safe."

i nod and smile, waving off the others and i fast walk towards the doors, a cool breeze hitting me as the sounds of the movie disappear.

"didn't think you were gonna follow."

a gasp leaves my mouth as i stare at grayson and he twirls his finger around his blue, peppermint gum, laughing at my reaction.

"c'mon."

a hand shakes me lightly as i groan in irritation, lightly pushing away the large hand set on my shoulder. a raspy voice chuckles in response to my actions and i shoot up in my seat as i realize who it is.

"we're here." he states

"why are we at my hill?" i ask, eyebrows furrowing

"cause. i need to talk to you."

i nod, unsure but get out of the car, shivering again as the cold air hits my skin.

"want my sweatshirt?" grayson asks

i chuckle and immediately shake my head as a no.

"why not?" he smiles

"this is so cliche grayson. gosh, i mean it's like we're in some movie."

he nods his head, agreeing but still slings off his black sweatshirt and tosses it over to me.

"just keep it for now."

nodding, i place the thick hoodie on over my shirt.

"i'm sorry." he breaths out

"sorry?"

"i didn't stand up to you when taylor was acting so. so. idiotic. and i apologize for making a move on you. i just didn't know what came over me and it just... happened."

i stare down at my shoes and don't dare to meet his eyes, kicking the dust on the hill.

"friends?" he asks

i slowly bring my head up to meet his bright eyes, a soft, anticipating smile spread across his face.

i smile and nod slowly and he smiles back, pointing at the bright sunset that's spread across the skyline.