e i g h t

thamana's pov :

"get up!"

i gently push my mom's arm away from my blanket and she chuckles under her breath, walking out of my room.

a huge grin plasters onto my face as i begin thinking about my day with grayson yesterday and i blush a dark red.

as i push myself out of bed, i reach over for my glasses and my clothes i set out yesterday for the shower.

"where is my wallet, aisha?!" dad yells as i skip down the stairs, tugging my glasses back on

"how should i know hun? they're yours!" mom yells back

i snicker as i hear mom's comeback and suddenly hear a honk outside.

"aria's here! i gotta go!"

"bye thamana! we'll be back home by nine!" mom yells

"ok!" i yell back

i shut the door behind me and run into aria's car and she welcomes me with a warm smile.

"ready?" she asks

i nod as an indication to leave and she chuckles, backing up from my driveway.

as aria's eyes stay locked on mine, talking to me still and listening to me, i look behind her shoulder to see all the girls and guys staring at me, gossiping and whispering with their friends.

my eyes stay remaining on one person in particular and they glare at me, making me look away and running to my locker.

"i still don't get how grayson handles her." aria hisses

i turn around, shutting my locker to see ethan and his friends, along with grayson's girlfriend's friends and they stand next to grayson and his girlfriend while they make out against the lockers.

aria rolls her eyes and faces me again, setting her hand on her hip.

we continue to talk about the conversation we discussed about earlier but i quickly shut my mouth seeing a figure behind aria.

"yes?" aria spits, turning around and facing taylor 

taylor glares at aria and comes to my side, putting all her attention and focus on me.

"look up thamana." she demands

i look up quickly and clear my throat, playing with the strands of my backpack. i see another tall figure behind taylor and i scoff in realization.

"what was that scoff for?" taylor asks with furrowed eyebrows

i shake my head, dogging the question and scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"what do you need taylor?" aria asks, stepping in front of me

"nothing from you. her." she points at me

i look up to meet taylor's cold gaze and aria steps back.

"stay away from my boyfriend or something will happen." she hisses

i look over her shoulder with my nostrils flaring in anger, seeing grayson standing there with his hands tucked tightly into his pockets and he plays with the laces of his shoes with his feet.

my eyes begin to tear up and i chuckle coldly for being idiotic and thinking he would say something to stand up for me.

"get the hell away from her." aria demands, stepping in front of me

my eyes immediately widen and i stare around the hallways to see everyone's eyes on us and i immediately feel tiny and embarrassed, wanting to run away.

"aria, let's go."

"no, she-" 

"aria let's go!"

the hallways fall silent and i stare at aria with hopeful eyes and she stares at me with her jaw dropped open.

i give up and push myself through people to get away from the scene and start running towards the back doors that lead to the football field.

i hear aria's yells and calls for me to stop but i continue walking faster and faster.

i sigh in relief once i step out and run to the back of the bleachers, far away from everyone else.

i shake my head to get rid of my thoughts and i curse at myself in my head for being so sensitive and emotional.

"thamana? thank god i found you." 

ethan sits next to me and i sniffle up my tears, wiping the other tears scattered all over my cheeks.

"you ok?" 

"ethan?"

"hm?" 

"why does taylor hate me so much." i laugh lightly

"she's just jealous."

i nod my head and let my head fall back onto the cold metal of the bleachers and sigh deeply, shutting my eyes.

"thank you for checking up on me." i murmur

i pop my eyes open and ethan smiles warmly, getting up and reaching down to grab my hand.

"the bell rung. you missed it."

my eyes widen and i immediately grab his hand and he tugs me up, chuckling to see my reaction.

"calm down it just rung."

i nod and tuck my hair behind my ear and build up enough courage to give him a quick, tight hug. he chuckles and wraps his arms around me, hugging me back.

i quickly pulls back and set my hands on his shoulder, smiling.

"wanna walk together?" he asks

i nod, agreeing and he grins, leading me back towards the school doors.