n i n e

thamana's pov :

as we walk into ms. smith's classroom, everyone turns around to face the door, and everyone starts erupting in whispers.

"just ignore them." ethan's jaw clenches, gripping my arm gently and pulling me to the back where my seat is

"i'm so sorry, thamana. i didn't mean to-"

"it wasn't your fault, aria. i just got too sensitive. plus, ethan calmed me down." i smile, slumping into my seat

as i pull out my pencil from my backpack, i look up for a second and ethan stands by my desk, kicking his feet while aria stares at her pencil and bites her lip.

"ethan." i say, chuckling a little

"this is aria. my best friend."

i watch as ethan grins and puts his hand out to shake with her's. she shakily puts her hand in his and i watch as she quickly pulls back from the contact.

"i gotta go back to-"

ethan gets cut off by the bell and i chuckle as he points to his desk in front of aria.

"did you forget you sit there ethan?"

he rolls his eyes at aria's statement and turns back around in his seat, all his attention was on ms. smith.

"time to start! flip your books to page-"

the door slams open again and i watch grayson walk in, out of breath.

"again dolan?" she asks, disappointed

"sorry. it won't happen again." he says, rushed and walking back to his seat

he throws his backpack next to his seat and throws himself into his seat, shaking my desk slightly from the surprise contact.

as i focus on ms. smith ranting, i watch grayson turn around to face me and he drops another note on my desk, spinning back in his seat quickly.

"why didn't you reply to my texts?" 

i scribble down a quick reply, anger and annoyance plastered all over my face.

"focus on the lesson."

"stop being such a goody-goody. live a little tham."

"don't call me tham. only my friend's call me that."

i face his back and i watch as his shoulders tense, reading my reply.

"hey tham." i look up from my food to see ethan, with his food in his hands

"hey! what's up?" i ask

"can i sit with you and aria? i can't stand grayson because of his actions from this morning."

"totally. you can come over anytime. here, come sit." i pat down the seat next to me

he smiles gently at my remark and kisses my forehead softly, as a tiny 'thank you.'

"is it ok if i come over to your house? grayson is being a dick and he's bringing taylor over." ethan asks

i nod, as a yes and his mood quickly brightens up, gobbling up his food.

ethan snatches my pencil away as i try to do my homework and i look up at him with a desperate look.

"please. just give me my pencil." i groan

"no. we're going to a party and you're not refusing."

innocent | g.d. (rewriting )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें