Chapter Twelve

Começar do início

"This is not going to go well."

"Is that a yes?"

"It's a yes."

"Oh goody! So, we just have to go through a few things because you're going to have to do a bit more than just stand there while people bid on you."

"What do you mean?" I say exhausted with the situation.

"Well, the audience members are allowed to bring things with them and ask you to use them to see what you're good at and what you're not."

"What kind of things?"

"Well, maybe someone will bring a golfing kit and ask you to try and hit a hole in one."

"Why would they need to know that kind of information?"

"They are very particular about the people they want to date."

"Oh, awesome, so I may be a hooker but at least I am an upper class one."

"You are not a hooker!"

We hang up from each other and my mood has done a complete 180. I have no idea what I am going to do about this situation. Maybe Mason will have the day off? Then I won't even have to worry and we can all just laugh about this later. But I know my luck and the world seems to be in a constant battle against me so the more realistic situation will be that Mason sees me getting flaunted on stage, has to serve the people bidding on me and then decides that I come with way too much drama.

Mental note, try to avoid Mason at all costs.

We arrive early because of course Lizzy signed us up to help set the place up. We walk in and I'm glad to see no signs of Mason yet unfortunately the uneasy feeling in my stomach does not go away. Looking around I feel sick seeing that the majority of people here are old men.

Grabbing Lizzy by the arm I whisper angrily "what the hell have you gotten me into?"

She runs away from me, well as best as she can with a cast and crutches, claiming someone was calling her over but she was very obviously just trying to get away from me.

I go to sit down seeing as I have no idea what I'm meant to be doing and I don't particularly feel like helping. I'm part way down when I hear my name get called out and I know exactly who it is. Turning around to look at him I see Mason jogging over and my mind freaks out. What do I do? What do I do? Making a decision I straighten up, knocking the chair over in the process but decide I'll just have to leave it because Mason is just about at my side and so I bolt to the girl's bathroom. Don't worry, I double checked that I am actually in the girl's bathroom this time.

Walking to the back wall, I slide down and sit on the floor. God this floor is disgusting, this probably wasn't the smartest choice. Oh well, I'm down know and I have no intentions of getting back up anytime soon. I hear the door open and I freak out. This is not going to be a good look for anyone to see so I go into stealth mode and crawl to the nearest toilet. Pulling myself up when I get inside, I lock the door, put the toilet lid down and take a seat.

"Ava?" Mason calls out.

What the hell is he doing? This is the women's toilet, he's not allowed to be in here.

"Ava, I know you're in here," he says, his voice getting closer to my stall.

"Ava, what are you doing?" he questions, his voice directly outside my stall. I stand up ever so quietly and walk to the door. Gently, I lean my weight on it, pressing my cheek against it. Slowly, I turn around so my back is leaning against it and in my head, I imagine him doing the same thing.