Chapter 31

Yoongi POV

Groaning quietly, I frown softly at the painful headache pounding through my head. Huffing, I force my eyes open, instantly regretting it when I'm met with bright fluorescent lights and quickly shutting them again. Moving my head about, I try to gain the courage and strength to open them again, soon succeeding in actually being able to see again.

"Yoongi-ah?!" A familiar voice whisper yells from beside me. I frown in confusion, hesitantly rolling my head to the side, only to be surprised. I feel my breath leave me as I take in my surroundings, realizing I'm in a hospital and that Namjoon and Hoseok are in the room with me.

"N-no. W-where's Jin? W-what are y-you doing here?" I manage to choke out, tears quickly beginning to slide down my cheeks. I can feel my heartbeat take off as if it's preparing for take off, as fear quickly begins to engulf me. I don't even realize the heart monitor that's hooked up to me going off like crazy in time with my heart, far too quickly finding myself beginning to sob.

"No, no, Yoongi, baby. Shhh. Calm down, honey. You're gonna make the doctors hurry in here. You're okay, baby. Hush, shhhh. You're alright, baby. You're okay. You're safe right now. Okay, Yoongi? Shhhh, babes. Hush." Namjoon hurriedly steps in, sitting down beside me and pulling me into his side.

"Stop! No! J-Jin's gonna find out! A-and-" I cant finish my sentence, sobbing too hard to be able to continue forming words.

"Shhhh, Yoongi. Baby, you're okay. Jin's not coming anywhere near you right now. Okay? I promise, baby. You're safe. You trust me, don't you? Yeah? Remember, I know better than to put you in a risky spot, baby. You're okay. You're safe right now." Namjoon coos gently, kissing my cheek. I whimper, knowing he's right as I let myself curl back into him.

"But how? How's he not gonna know?" I whimper quietly, my voice at least three pitches higher than usual from my panic and dry throat. Namjoon just chuckles softly, kissing my forehead as he pulls a lollipop out of his jacket pocket. Falling silent at the sight, I weakly look up at him with glossy eyes. He just gives me a gentle sweet smile, unwrapping it and handing me the yellow lollipop. My face falls as I recall Jin's words, still worried about him possibly showing up.

"Jin said those are dumb. That they make me look pathetic and stupid." I mumble, my lips jutted out in an intense pout as I glance back up at Joonie weakly.

"They aren't dumb, baby. They aren't dumb, and they don't make you look pathetic or anything of the sort. There's absolutely nothing in this world that could make you look pathetic or stupid. You can go ahead and have it, baby. You deserve it." My head snaps over in the other direction as Hoseok speaks up, my eyes wide and lips still forming a pout.

"Really?" I murmur, still feeling frustratingly extremely weak. Hoseok gives me a soft smile, nodding his head before leaning in and pecking my lips gently. I don't bother trying to hide the tiny smile that appears on my lips, watching with some interest as Hoseok takes the lollipop from Joonie before lifting it up a bit to me. I frown with a pout still for a moment, glancing between Hoseok and the candy in thoughtfulness. Finally, I look up at Hobi and part my lips a bit, hoping he'll get my message. He simply chuckles though, the sound music to my ears as he brings it to my lips. Smiling my stupid ugly gummy smile, I lean in just a tiny bit and slip the candy into my mouth before Hoseok let's go and let's me lean back into Joonie's side.

"Baby, we need to talk about something serious. Think you're up for talking to Hoseok and I about this for a couple minutes?" Namjoon speaks up softly from behind me. I frown, but hum tiredly with a shrug.

"I don't know that right now's a good time, Namjoon. He's still exhausted and really weak. Wouldn't it be better for him to get some sleep and then we talk about this?" Hoseok cuts in with a worried look. I frown deeper, my lips once more forming a pout as I look up between the two of them.

"No. I want to get this discussion done because I know it'll only wear him out more. Plus, it'll move things along quicker this way." Namjoon responds, shaking his head.

"Think you can talk with us for a couple minutes, Yoongi? You can go right to sleep or even have another lollipop afterwards if you'd like." Namjoon says softly. Huffing, I simply nod in response.

"The doctors know that Jin abuses you, baby. They said that you had way too many bruises and cuts after the accident. We can get rid of Jin completely, baby, but you'll have to talk to a couple of officers and tell them that Jin was hurting you so much. If you tell them the truth that Jin was hurting you, they'll take him away and he won't ever be able to touch you again. But you've gotta tell them, baby. Think you can do that? Talk to the officers when you wake up again?"