Chapter 26

Hoseok POV

"You know what? You really are a blind fucking idiot. I was really hoping that you actually cared for Yoongi and that you really were everything he'd been making you out to be those first few days of dating you. You're just a gullible dumbass though. It hurts me for him that he fell hard for someone who never really cared to begin with. I was really hoping, counting on everything good in this world for him, that you'd be the one for Yoongi. That you'd be the fucking one for him and that he wouldn't have to go through hell all over again the way he did before. And now it's even more fucked for him than last time." With that, Namjoon shakes his head once more before turning on his heel and heading for the door.

"Wait!"

At this point, my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. I don't have a clue what's going on and I'm honestly not entirely sure what's come over me. Something about what he said though, it doesn't add up, doesn't make sense.

"Why? It's not like you give a shit. Right? It's not like you give a damn. You never wanna see him again and don't really care about anything that has to do with him anymore, right? You have no reason to believe anything I'm saying, so why should I bother to wait and answer any questions you have now?" Namjoon shoots back coldly, arms crossed over his chest as he gives me a cold look. His suddenly harsh attitude knocks the wind out of me, taking any possible words right out of my mouth. It takes me a solid minute to try and collect my thoughts, to attempt to even speak properly.

"Look, clearly I don't understand everything that's going on. Okay? I don't even know half of what you're talking about right now. Obviously, it's important though. I'm willing to listen if you'll help me understand." I say slowly, trying to say the right things and get it all out there. Namjoon sighs, ruffling his hair in frustration.

"If it were up to me right now, I wouldn't even think for a second about giving you another chance to fix what you've fucking done. Especially not this time. But, I know how much Yoongi cares for you and how much it hurt him to know that you left for good the other day." Namjoon states, giving me a small glare before motioning for us to head over to my office. I stay silent, nodding my head as I lead us over to my personal office that's attached to the dance room. When we get inside, Namjoon closes the door behind us before taking a seat in front of my desk. Naturally, I take the one behind it where I'm usually sat when looking things over for work.

"Yoongi really does care about you and loves you, ya know. Right or wrong, he does." Namjoon says quietly, eyes piercing through my own. I just bite my lip and look down at my desk, not really knowing how I'm supposed to react to that.

"The guy you saw Yoongi with in the dance studio was Jin. It's Yoongi's ex. That's honestly where a lot of his problems developed and revolve around. They broke up three years ago when Jin ended things. He didn't end things with Yoongi like a normal relationship though. He'd been cheating on Yoongi for the last six months of their relationship and finally let Yoongi find out by walking into their shared apartment to find him fucking some other guy on their sofa with a movie on the television. Jin literally stopped what he was doing just to berate Yoongi even more than he already felt and kicked him out.

"Took Yoongi about a year to get over Jin. For the nightmares and anxiety attacks to finally cease. Jin's the only person Yoongi ever dated. He and I met just a few weeks after the breakup at a bar. From that point forward, we became best friends that had a few extra benefits occasionally. The relationship with Jin had really taken a toll on him though. It made it hard for him even at that time to start opening up to me. It was probably two months before he finally explained the nightmares he'd have, why he'd developed the habit of smoking that grew out of hand really quickly.

"You see, their relationship wasn't healthy. It started off good. Happy and whatnot, like most couples do. They were together for two and a half years total. Somewhere along the lines though, Jin started changing. He became controlling and abusive. A large part of why Yoongi's as skinny as he is? Jin's 'rules' that he created. If Yoongi did something Jin didn't approve of or upset him in anyway, there'd be backlash for it. That part really hit hard for Yoongi, as he came from a background of having an abusive father. Made it really easy to get Yoongi to follow the rules no matter how shitty they are. Sometimes, Jin would just fucking abuse him for the hell of it. Would be upset over something or another, or just needed something to do, and so he'd just beat on Yoongi like a punching bag.

"So anything that may seem a little odd to you that he does? It's coping mechanisms. After everything that's happened with you and him, and now that Jin's back, anxiety attacks occur fairly often, they're easy to spur on. The lollipops? It was to get him to stop smoking and to help him manage his stress. Yoongi was really happy with you before you started going and fucking around. You've got no idea how badly you broke him by leaving and even cancelling the collaboration.

"And I'm really worried for him because Jin's back. And he's a fucking living nightmare."