Another Day

HEY!!! Another chapter!!!! 

~~~~~

The moment I woke up in my bed I immediately searched for Itachi. I felt my heart ache in disappointment but I felt butterflies in my stomach as I remembered what happened the other night. My thoughts were interrupted with a knock on the door.

"Mayu-chan? You up yet?"

"Yeah!" I pulled the blankets closer to me and squinted as the sun shined through the window.

"Breakfast in 20 minutes!"

I listened to her footsteps as they descended down the stairs. I just sat there for what seemed like hours and smiled to myself like a crazy person. I don't know why I'm so happy about last night but I just am.

I kicked back my blankets and slipped into my slippers that were placed neatly on the floor by my bed. I headed downstairs to see mom placing empty dishes on the table and dad playing with his chopsticks. I skipped up to the table and plopped down onto the chair. I watched my mom's movements as she went back and forth between the kitchen. The smell was heavenly, but I couldn't make out what she was cooking.

"Soo....are you making pancakes?"

My mom turned around holding a spatula and gave me a questioning glance.

"What are pancakes?"

"OHH! Are they cakes made in pans?" I gave my dad a Are-You-Kidding look and frowned at my mom.

"Uhh...never mind." She looked at me surprised.

"O-Oh, alright." She turned away and went back to cooking and I sat there in shock. NO PANCAKES?!?! When I am older and tall enough, I'm going to cook these people pancakes. I gripped my unbrushed hair with my fingers and smashed my head against the table. No pancakes.

"Maa, Mayu, you're going to hurt yourself like that." I peeked up to see dad looking at me in disinterest. Well, he sure looks worried. Sarcasm, over 9000.

"Oh, and after breakfast you are going to read some more chakra scrolls. Then maybe- MAYBE- when you're done, I'll help you with chakra control. Only if I have time, I'm a very busy man."

I frowned when he said busy. Busy to him is sitting around and reading that weird Icha Icha Paradise. I snagged it from his room when he was gone. None of the words made sense to me, there were a lot I haven't learned yet so it was just a bunch of gibberish. Maybe when I finally complete my writing and reading I'll get one of those books. I mean, it ought to be good since I've seen a lot of people walking around and reading them. I even saw some giggling, that must mean it's at least funny.

I grinned in anticipation when mom placed a couple of plates in front of me. A small bowl with steamed rice, a plate with a slab of broiled fish, miso soup, and to top it off with a cut of tofu. It all looked so delicious, maybe as good as pancakes. Mmmm, pancakes, wait now's not the moment.

I picked my chopsticks off and with a quick Itadakimasu I started to chow down into the rice. Sooooo goooood.

I dumped some rice onto the fish and began chewing on it. If only I had some lemons....

CHA-CHING.

Picking up the lemon I squirted it all over my fish. Seeing the freshly sliced lemon basket in front of me I grabbed three more and squeezed them into the Miso soup and added the other to the tofu.

Ah, I love lemon, almost as much as I love milk. Speaking of...

"Mom, can I have a glass of milk?"

She smiled and pushed out her chair and left her meal to get me some milk. What a nice mom. Good house wife too, I'd marry her if I could.

WOAH.

Disturbing thought. That is totally not what I meant.

Just drop it.

I'd like to apologize for all the children reading.

I grabbed the glass that was set in front of me and took a sip, well chugged if you were anybody else, and let out a sigh of satisfaction.

As I finished my meal, I let out a satisfying burp.

"Mayu!" I hear my my mom's shriek.

I cringed and was about to apologize when dad interrupted me with his boisterous laugh.

"Atta' girl!" Hearing the praise I grinned and said a mocking, "Excuse me."

"Don't encourage her!" Mom smacked the back of his head and scowled when he didn't stop laughing.

"She gets her behavior from you, Hachiro."

I feel like dad should stop laughing soon. I think I could feel the evil energy radiating from mom. I cringed and slid out of my chair, ready to run if needed.

"Hachiro...." 

And there it is. I knew dad sensed it to when he suddenly stopped laughing. I can practically hear his gulp and the moment froze when he grabbed my hand and bolted from the kitchen with mom hot on our tails.

Why did he bring me into this?!

I tried to keep up with him as fast as my little legs can carry me. As we reached the front door, we slid out into the open, I winced at the volume of mom's angry voice.

"AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU'VE THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS!"

She slammed the door that made even dad flinch.

"Women." He ruffled his hair and grabbed my hand and began walking out.

"Where are we going?"

"Well, since we're not allowed back in the house-"

"You mean you are, not me.." He ignored me.

"- then I guess we'll be going to the training field to work on chakra control."

I shrugged, not one to protest to training.

 I didn't even get to take a shower, or brush my hair or even change! I only have slippers on too...

Totally prepared for training.