"Peter? Why are you bringing Peter into this?" he asks, pulling away from me, his entire face changing.

"Huh? What is this really about Dex?" I ask. Obviously this is about more than just what he is saying.

"You tell me Davy, how well do you know Peter?"

"Pretty well, I think... I mean, he's been on tour with me for weeks now. It's not like we remain strangers, why? What does Peter have to do with any of this?" I ask. I'm confused now. What does Peter have to do with Declan feeling disconnected?

"When exactly did you meet Peter?" Declan spits out the name as if it's hurting his mouth.

"Seriously... I'm confused now. I met him the day at the airport. Susan sent him to fetch me and take me to the meeting with her, the day I signed the contract."

"That was around Christmas right?" he asks.

"Yeah... Just about a week before Christmas... Where are you going with this Dex?"

"I'm going to ask you straight out Davy, has anything happened between the two of you?"

"I love you Dex... Why are you even asking me this? You know I love you," I say. What happened between me and Peter is history. It's long gone, and when it happened Declan was gone as well.

"Don't avoid the question Davy," Declan says, turning so he can look me in the eye.

"But what would make you ask something like that?" I ask. I'm baffled. Why would he even ask me this?

"You know you're making yourself sound pretty guilty right now Davy," Declan answers, his eyes narrowing. I can see what he's thinking and he's dead wrong.

"If you are implying that I've been cheating on you while I've been on tour... The answer is no and I don't even know how you can ask me something like that."

"What about before the tour? Over that time you were in New York?"

"Can we not have this conversation here? For fuck sakes... We are standing in the middle of the street. Let me call a cab," I say taking out my cell phone.

"No, I want to talk about this now," Declan says, grabbing my arm.

"Nothing happened okay? Nothing much in any case. And you weren't talking to me, okay? Now let's get home. This is a stupid conversation. I don't even know how you got onto this subject."

"Alright Davy, let's go home," he sighs, letting go of my arm, slumping his shoulders in defeat.

I stare at Declan, almost waiting for him to say more, but when he doesn't and avoids my eyes, I dial the number for a cab.

How on earth could he know. Could Peter have gotten enough of me not wanting to give in to him? Would he have contacted Declan and told him what happened between the two of us? I don't think he would go that far, but still... I can't tell Declan what has happened. He would leave me. For god sakes... I would leave me.

It takes forever for the cab to arrive, only to ride in silence for five minutes before we get out in front of my house and walk in the door. I try to take Declan's hand, but he pulls it from mine, leaving me to search for the spare key under the doormat after nobody answers the door.

"I think we're alone. I should have let my mom know what time I would be landing," I say as I walk into the house, Declan following close behind me. "She would've taken off if she knew I was coming this early."

"Well, perhaps it's for the best that she isn't here," Declan says. I can't believe how quickly he got off the whole Peter subject.

"Yeah... Maybe you're right. It's been a few weeks Dex. You have no idea how much I have missed your lips all over me," I say as I pull him closer by his shirt and kiss him in the neck.