Chapter 11

David's POV

I feel like I am trapped in some dark movie where the villians will be the ones ending the war.

I never wanted it to be like this. I didn't want to be the one that would ruin everything for Declan, but somehow I am. Somehow, everyone I come close to gets hurt when I open my god damned mouth. I should have left it to Declan to figure it all out. I shouldn't have spoken to Tom. Tom said I could trust him, and he had said it before. He said everything would be okay, and yet here we are. Once again Tom had betrayed my trust... Or rather, Jesse had come to shit over my lovelife all over again. He should pray that I never, ever meet him. He should hope that he stays far away from me. Not even all the money in the world would be able to protect him because of the hurt he has caused my dear Declan.

To: @alwaysalone16

From: @david.C

I need to talk to you love... Send me your number. I will call you. I just need to hear your voice and I think it's time you hear mine too.

Love,

Davy

I wait anxiously for the longest two minutes and 34 seconds of my life until the phone lets me know what Declan's reply is.

He only sent his number. No message. No love. Just his number.

My hands start to tremble as I press call, allowing each ring to vibrate into the corners of my body.

"Hello?"

"Declan?" I ask.

"Yeah, your voice is softer than I thought it would be."

"And you sound way more British than what I imagined... Have you been crying?" I ask. It does sound like it. There is something like a quiet tiredness in his voice, and still I love his voice.

"I won't lie to you Davy, yes I have been."

It breaks my heart to know he has been crying, with me not there to hold him and comfort him.

"What happened? What did Jesse say?" The bastard... The fucking bastard!

"He told my father everything, he knows about us and our plans to meet," Declan says. I can hear the sorrow still welling up in his voice, but he is trying his best to be brave.

"I will kill him. I swear I will! Fucking bastard!"

And I mean it. If I get my hands on him I will kill him. I don't care anymore. What he has done to Declan is the last straw. Fucking my boyfriend and going into a relationship with him is one thing. But trying to ruin Declan's life. That's an entire story all on its own.

"You're so passionate," Declan says. I can hear a bit of a chuckle in his voice. I know I can't lose it now. Not while he is in a bad space like this. I need to get him out of there. Not just for him, but for me as well.

"I need to see you... I have booked the flight and I need to hold you in my arms. This is the only thing that has been keeping me going. You are the only person I want to live for," I say, and I mean it. Every single word of it.

"I know my love, I feel the same but I just don't see that happening."

There is a sigh in his voice. Almost like he is aging from the one moment to the next. Like he has no idea what to do next anymore. I know I need to give him hope.

"Then we make a plan. We could do something. I could change my flight. You could run away. Please... Just please... Meet me! Your dad will see it. He will see that I am able to make you happy and what else does a parent want other than to see their kids happy?" I try my best to be optimistic. I refuse to believe that anyone can be so cold towards their kid. This isn't normal.