0.5

five | sober? nah

ETHAN
FRIDAY | THREE DRINKS

"Please leave your message after the tone."

"You know why I never call you when I'm sober? It's because I'm too much of a coward. I know I'll freak out and end it within a second of pressing your contact. I don't even know whether you listen to these or not. A part of me wants you to, so you know how fucked up my life is since you left but the other part doesn't. In a way, I'm embarrassed.

"I'm embarrassed of who I've become and I wish I knew why. Actually, I do know why. I spend every other day in a bar and the other days in bed. I shouldn't be like this. Hell, no one should. I'm tired of this lifestyle but I don't think I can change. I hate this, Emma, I hate this so much.

"I just can't get this out of my mind. The events leading to up to it, I mean. Like why did it have to happen? If only I had done something differently, like if I went to get coffee in the morning, maybe it could have altered the situation that came. I know it's stupid to dwell on the past, but it put our friendship at stake and I wish everything went down differently.

"I'm sorry. I really am. For everything. You gotta believe me, Em. If I knew I wouldn't regret it in the morning, I'd walk down to your house and apologize face to face. But anyways, I'm tired.

"I'll see you in the morning. Shit, I mean bye, Emma."