eleven.

Loved her from the cover of the crowds

As Katya pulled into her driveway, Trixie woke up due to the bumpiness of the gravel. She was awake long enough to notice how long Katya's driveway was. It was lined on either side with rows of gorgeous evergreen trees. Her house- the driveway, at least- was like a fairytale.

"Home sweet home," Katya said as her huge house came into view. It wasn't a mansion, no, the Zamolodchikova household wasn't that affluent, but it was a big house compared to others in the area, and the well-kept landscaping and beige exterior made it look even more extravagant than it was.

"How long have you lived here?" Trixie was amazed. Compared to her house, Katya lived like royalty. She did have a few siblings, which would require extra space, but still. Wow.

"Since before I can remember."

Katya parked the car beside a side entrance and led Trixie inside to the mudroom. Trixie copied Katya in taking off her shoes and leaving her bag on the hutch before following her into a spacious dining and kitchen area.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Katya asked, standing beside the fridge. Trixie nodded meekly and Katya smiled. "We can order pizza in a little bit, if you want." Trixie nodded again, not speaking. "You alright, Trix?"

"Yeah, I just..." Trixie said, heistating, "feel a little out of my element, I guess."

"We can go to my room if that would make you more comfortable." Katya said, turning from the kitchen and towards an extravagant staircase. Trixie followed her up the stairs and into the bedroom.

The room was painted grey and the walls were covered in band posters. Not exactly covered, they were organized neatly and a few of them were framed. Her bedding was black, and so were her pillows, and so was a lot of other stuff about her room. Black, grey, and a few splashes of color here and there. Katya had a bunch of polaroid pictures of her and her friends, souvenirs from other countries, and drawings scattered throughout the space.

"Like what ya see?" Katya asked, laughing slightly. She plopped down on her bed and admired Trixie for a moment. She was a pink thing in a room filled with black and grey. Katya couldn't help but smile.

"Your house is so big," Trixie said, marveling at all she had seen. "What do your parents do?"

"I'm not entirely sure. My dad travels a lot. Sometimes I get to go with him. My mom is a lawyer, but she never talks about it. She works in the city and stays there four nights a week." Katya stated, matter-of-factly. "I have an older brother named Petya and a younger sister named Kaija. My brother went to UCLA and my sister is in eighth grade."

"Are you home alone often?" Trixie asked. She was an only child to a single mother, so she was home alone more often than she would like.

"Let's talk about you." Katya said, tired of talking about herself. Trixie would get to know her soon enough. She would see all of the pretty parts, messy parts, and the parts broken beyond repair. "What's your family like?"

Trixie took a seat next to Katya on her bed and faced her, sitting with her legs crossed like a kindergartener in class. Katya had heard rumors about Trixie's familial situation, but she didn't want to assume rumors were true. "Can we talk about something else?"Trixie asked, twiddling her thumbs. Katya gave her a sweet smile and nodded.

"We can order pizza later. Do you want to watch a movie in the meantime?" Katya was trying her best to make Trixie comfortable, but it wasn't working out all too well. Trixie was fiddling with her hair and avoiding eye contact. She nodded and smiled. "What movie?"

Trixie thought. She wanted to watch something fun, not too boring, and something Katya probably hadn't seen before. She decided on her all time favorite. "Moonrise Kingdom."

Katya smiled, showcasing her perfect teeth. She never had to get braces, she was just lucky. Though, with Trixie sitting on her bed not even a foot away from her, and gorging on pizza, she thought she was more than lucky. She swore she was the luckiest girl in the world when Trixie scooted closer so their arms were touching, and she nearly had a heart attack when her leaned her head on Katya's shoulder.

"This is a really nice movie, Trix," Katya whispered as she gently placed her arm around Trixie's shoulder. "I'm sorry kids are so mean to you."

Trixie smiled and felt electric when Katya touched her. "It's okay." She paused, nervous at what she was going to say. "If they werent, we wouldn't be talking. So I wouldn't change it for anything."

•••

a/n: my gay heart