4

Francis's point of view
We just finished our first game of the season, we won. Mary was there with Simon, Anna, and Lily. I hope she thinks I played well. I've been talking with Mary a lot this week, I'm really hoping she'll agree to come over after the game. She is just so amazing. I would talk to her every minute of everyday if I could. Things with Olivia are over, I ended them. It may seem out of no where but there is just something about Mary. Olivia wasn't happy but I don't really care. I looked all around for Mary but couldn't find her. I got in my car and drove back home. Once I got home I got in the shower, my parents are in Boston for more doctors appointments but are spending the night this time. I got out of the shower and checked my phone. "So are you going to ask me to come over tonight or what?" A text from Mary. "I wasn't sure you wanted to come over." I replied "I want to, if the invitation still stands." She texted back. "Of course it does. Come over at 8?" I asked then sent my address "I'll be there(:" She said, I set my phone down and quickly put on sweatpants and a shirt. I dried my hair off with the towel then brushed my teeth, if i'm going to kiss her I want my breath to smell good. I then but on deodorant and sprayed cologne. I ran down stairs to the basement to clean up a little. I dimmed the lights to a nice level and turned the tv on to netflix so we could find something to watch later. I folded the blankets and laid them over the side of the couch. I sprayed some air freshener then heard the door bell ring. Okay, everything looks good. I went up and opened the door, I saw Mary standing there in a sweat shirt and sweat pants. "Mary I thought I told you to wear something nice, we're going out somewhere." I said "Wait what? I didn't see that text! I'm going to go change and i'll be back." She said "Mary, Mary i'm joking love." I smiled "Asshole." She laughed shaking her head "Come on in." I opened the door wider. "You have a beautiful home." She said "Thank you, I thought we would just go hang out in the basement." I said "Yea sure, lead the way." She smiled, I led her down the basement stairs to the couch. I sat down in the corner and she sat about a foot and half away. "From what I understand about football, you played very well tonight." She smiled "Oh really, would you go so far as to say you're impressed?" I asked "No personally I would not go that far." She laughed. She's so pretty. "Do you want to make popcorn? Or anything to drink?" I asked "Sure I'll eat popcorn. And just a water please." She said, I went over the fridge and got a bottle of water for her. I went and handed it to her. "Mhm thank you." She took a sip. I went over and started the popcorn maker, i put in the kernels and butter in the popper thing. I went back over and sat next to Mary. "Pick something to watch yet?" I asked looking at her. "No, and stop looking at me like that" She smiled "Like what?" I asked looking at her deeply. "Like that!" She nervously pulled her sweatshirt up over her nose. "Stop hiding, you're too beautiful to hide your face." I said "You think i'm beautiful?" She smiled "Mary, I think you are the most beautiful girl in the whole world." I said, we looked at each other before the timer for the popcorn went off. "You should probably get that." She said, while I still looked at her. "Yeah I should." I snapped out of it, I got up and put the popcorn in to one bowl. I went over and put the popcorn between us. "Okay I picked a movie." She pressed play. Through out the movie our hands grazed when we put them in the popcorn bowl. "I'm freezing." I yawned picking up the popcorn bowl and putting it on the other side of Mary, leaving my arm around here. "This is the lamest move ever." She smiled. I mean if you don't want my arm around you i'll take it off." I said "No, no I didn't say that." She said moving closer to me so that her head was on one side of my chest and she laid her hand on the other side of my chest. I moved my hand on top of hers and held it, she held mine back. This feels so right. "So is that why you're always talking to me, because i'm so beautiful?" She laid on her back, still holding my hand. "That's not the only reason." I smiled hovering over her. "Enlighten me." She said "You're so kind, and interesting. And they way you carry yourself, so gracefully, it's so attractive." I said "Stop it." She blushed and looked away from me, I cupped her face in my hand and brought it towards me so she looked at me. "Mary, can I kiss you?" I smiled "Yes you can." She smiled, I leaned in and kissed her. I pulled away and smiled at her. "What? Why are you stopping?" She asked "Because you mean more to me than that, I don't want you to think that's what I invited you over for." I said "Okay, let's just lay down and finish the movie." She smiled "Come here." I pulled her on top of me. "This feels nice." She said "Yeah It does." I stroked her hair.