64 - The Secrets In A Dance - Part 2

Start from the beginning

Without letting her get rest I step into the dance to get a proper feeling of where she is lacking, and also to show her partner that she likely follows just fine.

"Eeee," She lets out at the long fluid step of motion that makes us flow across the floor. She nearly slips, unable to step so far on merely her own strength. Of course I support her weight just enough to make sure she doesn't get stuck in the step and easily continue on, by using my hips against hers to guide hers, and my hold to create a firm base for the little lamb to hold onto.

She nearly trembles in my hold to keep up, but... by the time we've made it halfway around the hall, she realizes that despite her physical inadequacies, she is following my moves perfectly. Her eyes widen, and she begins to focus again. She takes in the feeling.

Many traits make up a dance. You strength is your posture and how strong and wide your motion can be, your endurance how long you can hold it. Your agility is your flexibility and your grace while holding said postures and moves. Finally, your awareness shows you the next move your partner makes without looking and your perception lets you observe and decide a proper path to take. These things all make for a dance, and tells you immediately what kind of warrior a person is as well.

The two I teach right now have neither strength nor endurance, which causes a sloppy form that is hard to read. Since they're being shy, this problem merely got worse.

We arrive back at point just in time before the little lamb collapses in my arms from the movements she wasn't used to.

"I want to try that to, Lily-chan!" Gilbert chirps out happily.

I ignore him while our teacher lectures him on there being no need for him to practice the female steps. Though, from what I can hear... she is losing.

I hand the little lamb off back to her partner, who this times holds her up a bit since she is still frail.

"There, now, hold her up a bit more against you so you support her properly, then lift her with that one arm."

Hearing that last word he stares at me with brief disbelief but does his best. With a few nudges and correcting of their posture, they are both nicely and vividly red to the tips of their ears. As they set off back onto the dance floor it seemed like they wouldn't need to worry about their dancing... nor their love again. Since both of them were all red, it was quite obvious to everyone that they held affection for each other, even themselves.

"My turn," Gilbert chimes behind me.

"Weren't you escorting Lady Jesmaine?" I hide the exhaustion in my voice, but I really don't want to dance with Gilbert.

"She said she needed a break," he responded with a smile as I turned... I couldn't tell if her break was from dancing or from Gil being Gil.

"Very well then..." I gave in. I've not enough energy to deal with him right now. Our teacher has given up as well after all.

Once Gil gets into his pose I move behind him.

"Spread your chest, don't bend."

I reach around him and calmly push his organs upwards to his ribs, and then corrected his posture by turning his head a bit up and to the side, correcting his arms, having him bend the legs just a bit... and had a momentary happy view of Gil trembling and the toughness of holding the pose I put him in.

"Good, now keep that during the dance."

I picked up my new trembling lamb in a sturdy frame, but filled it with life as we stepped into the dance.

"Woah~ that's terrifying! It feels like I'm being carried to the den of a jungle cat!"

Jungle cat? Mmmm.... I'm not sure if I should take this as praise or insult.