Chapter 3

"Louise! I'm going to die! Please, come over and hug me one last time before I'm gone. I'm leaving you with my phone. You know how to get rid of it."

"Dan, what now?"

"Have an ounce of respect for the dying! Have you no heart, Pentland?"

"No, I don't. Now what are you whining about? I considered not picking up because it's 3:00 in the morning Dan Howell, but I knew you would just start complaining over text if I didn't."

"To be fair, it's an emergency."

"Dan, tell me what you woke me up in the middle of the night for or I'm hanging up and going back to bed in five seconds."

"Okay. Okay. Calm down, Louise. There's no need to be dramatic."

"Bye Dan."

"No! Wait! I'm sorry, I'll tell you."

"Thank you. Proceed please."

"Phil is coming back in town for my birthday party."

"Oh."

"My parents didn't even tell me they were going to invite him. What am I supposed to do?"

"You know, you could try talking to him."

"Why on Earth would I do that?! I can't just go up to him and act like it's normal after two years! I had trouble speaking whenever I was with him when were close. Imagine how much of an idiot I'll sound like now."

"Dan, you're overthinking again. It's all going to be okay. PJ and I will be there with you. If you mess up or need to leave, we'll cover for you. We always have and we always will."

"I know, but still... what if-"

"No. You know you're not allowed to say those forbidden words around me. PJ and I are coming over bright and early that morning to make sure you don't sulk around all day. People are usually required to be emotionally stable before hosting a five hour party. We can even help set up. If we're the ones to put the food out, then no one will notice if anything is missing before the party."

"I do like stealing food. I guess you have some kind of point. Thank you."

"Anytime. Well, actually, not any time. I'm still mad you woke me up this early, but you're worth it you dramatic, emo sock puppet."

"I take back my thank you."

"No you don't."

"Well..."

"I'll see you on Saturday. Do not, under any circumstances, let this keep you down. PJ and I are only a text away. Keep us updated."

"Yes sir."

"Daniel Howell, go to bed!"

"Neverrr! Bye Louise!"

"Goodnight ."