Chapter 2

Phil was unsure about the invitation. He hadn't seen any members of the Howell family since he moved away to continue with school. The only person he even remembered really connecting with was Dan, but he didn't know if Dan would want him to come. Phil didn't get the invitation, his mom did.

They kept in touch for a few weeks after he left, but their conversations quickly became shorter and less often as their school work piled on. Sometimes Phil wished he could reconnect with Dan, but he didn't know if showing up uninvited to his 16th birthday party was the way to go about it. It seemed a bit... forward .

After going back and forth and stressing over his situation for the rest of the day, Phil ultimately decided, yes. He would plan to go visit his family back home, and if he happened to stop by Dan's party on the night of the 11th, it couldn't possibly hurt to say hi to an old friend.

🟄

When Dan heard that Phil Lester was coming to his birthday party, he maybe had a very small, complete freak out. It had been at least a year since they last texted and almost two years since Dan had even seen Phil. He was, as some people say, hella nervous. Back when Dan and Phil were neighbors, Dan might have had a stupid, tiny crush on Phil. Of course, it had faded since Phil left, so there was no reason for Dan to be worried. Right? It's not like seeing Phil would suddenly spark all of the old feelings that Dan had for him in the past. Hopefully.