30

Hours went by and the death counts on both sides only grew. Wise enough the Uchiha retreated for the day. Madara couldn't stand it. Impatient as he was he hoped to end this score today. He was foolish for that . He knew better. Even Izuna and i both knew one day , Madara will lose and its just a matter of time.

camp fires lit up as i continued to tend to the severely wounded.

"Shh.. You're ok." i said sweetly to the man who screamed bloody murder as they amputated his arm. "the worst is over sir. take this and relax now." i put a small ball of herbs in his mouth to ease his pain and bring sleep quicker. But i only given it to the soldiers who had little to no chances on surviving the night. So i grant the chance to die peacefully. "Do you have family sir?"

the man swallowed harshly and took a sip of water i held to his mouth. "my mother and daughter" he said. his breathing relaxed as the pain went down. 

"I would like to thank your mother personally for raising such a brave strong man like yourself. you dont mind If i asked your last name?"

he smiled a handsome smile.. his youthful face slowly showing signs of sleep. the medicine was kicking in. 

"H-Hatake."

"ok Hatake.. close your eyes. you need your rest." i flashed him a comforting smile as he comfortably nodded into a deep sleep.

"How long does he have." Hashirama asked entering the tent to check on his soldiers. 

My face saddened by his question. I looked at the man who was sleeping peacefully. "few hours. He'll be dead by midnight." i took out my note book and wrote his name down onto a large list of our fallen soldiers. I was going to meet with every family member in person to offer my condolences and share nice words . Nothing i say will matter but honor will be given to their family . 

he held my shoulder as i scribbled on my paper before taking a seat beside me. "Are you ok?" he asked.

"I should be asking you that. Come on lets get you cleaned up." i walked with hashirama to his tent with my supplies he sat lifted his arm for me. opening my box i heard drops of blood hitting the floor . my attention immediately went to his arm.  "How hurt are you?!" i asked worried

I stopped what i was doing and quickly ripped his sleeve to view the cut.  "its just a cut." pouring water onto the wound i grew worried.

"Its a deep gash. your losing so much blood. this cut has to be hours old!" He sensed the worry in my tone and grabs onto me. 

"y/n im fine. really. calm down . you cant over stress yourself.. the baby..."

"You were poisoned !" i shouted. tears rushing down my cheeks. "Fuck!" i paced back and forth.

"Relax. ok . are you familiar with this poison? how could you tell? i dont feel a thing."

"There is nothing to relax over Hashirama. This poison is a slow but brutal killer. It's host was koga. he's the only one in the clan able to produce poison with his chakra. madara mustve used his knives.."

"he was dead before i was cut.."

"the posion is already created . stained in the sword."

"is there a cure?"

" yes"

"ok good how do we get the cure."

"Koga's blood." i said softly falling to the floor .

"we kidnap him then .-"

"kogas dead. he was the first to die. by madara."

hashirama breathed in deeply. " the guy who snuck up on you..Madara claimed his body already."

"whether he did or not makes no difference. Koga has to be alive for the antidote to work . His blood is thick as paste. you'll die if we pump that into you."

"how long do i have before the poison kicks in ."

"normally days.. with a simple cut. but this gash.... you have hours."

"Does he have a family?" hashirama asked 

"dead.."..."he has an uncle in konoha! I'll send for him." i relayed the message to a guard and sent him off, 

"i can go.."

"sit !" i demanded , " i have to close your wound . you need more blood and food. "

i quietly focused on his stitches as he stared at me closing his gash. once done he took a shot of alcohol and dumped the bottle on his stitches .

"Lay down." i said softly i went out the tent. a few minutes later i came in with warm soup and sat at the edge of his bed. "I'll feed you. the more you move the faster the poison travels. "

"You never answered my question." he asked. "Are you ok?"

"Eat."

"Answer me or i'll starve." he protested.

"Must you always be this damn stubborn?!" i yelled

"Talk to me Y/n ..please." he gave me a sad look and i crumbled underneath his gaze. i broke down into tears. 

"I dont want you to die" i cried out. " I dont want any of you to die but ... the poison..." i became hysterical . i couldnt handle the truth. i can watch an army fall a the mist of blood filled the air.. but the sight of my first love dying slowly in front of me was something i couldn't handle. 

"after everything i put you through?" he scoffed quietly before meeting my eyes. "You should be happy."