Chapter 15

Noah spent the next couple of weeks doing the same stuff he always did: working with Val and the rest of crew while spending his nights out at his favorite bar.

Except now, every time he stepped foot inside, he expected to see Shay sitting at the barstool across from the door.

"What'll it be tonight, Noah?"

The chubby bartender, James, greeted Noah almost as soon as he walked in. Instead of having a usual like most regular barflys did, Noah changed up his drink almost every time he came.

What could he say? He liked variety.

"Adios motherfucker."

As James prepared the drink in front of him, Noah noticed his eyes flick up to look at him more often than he liked. "What?" Noah grunted. 

Still hung up on that girl?"

"No."

James chuckled. "Come on. You've come in here pouting like a schoolgirl every day since she was here."

He wouldn't call it pouting. More like seething.

"Shut up and make the drink." Noah ordered with a scowl.

Five minutes later, an attractive blonde woman walked in wearing tight black jeans and a leather jacket. Her hair fell in loose waves around her angular face, her lips painted bright red and eyes dark with makeup. Noah's eyes lingered on the white tank top under said jacket, giving him just a glimpse of what looked like perfectly round breasts.

Feeling a spark light up his system, he sipped on his drink and casually watched as she stood at the bar, leaning over slightly to give James her order. She came in alone, a rare sight in a place like this, even on a Saturday.

The blonde noticed him pretty quickly. As soon as their eyes met, the corner of Noah's lips turned up into a coy smile. She shot one back, revealing a row of perfectly white teeth. This girl definitely took care of herself.

Instead of going to her like most guys would, he waited until she came to him. He wasn't desperate. He knew he could have just about any girl he wanted, and he had taken advantage of that more than a couple times.

It only took about two minutes before she was next to him.

"Hey." The girl cooed.

Her perfume was awful. The chemically-engineered scent of flowers overtook his nostrils and Noah resisted the urge to cough. She smelled nothing like Shay. Shay had a natural aroma to her that was always pleasant, something like lavender and coconut. Actually, after sharing a bathroom with her for so long, he knew that was exactly what she smelled like.

"What's your name?" The blonde asked.

"Noah, you?" Shoving away thoughts of the bitch that hurt him, Noah snaked his arm around the girl's waist and made sure to breath out of his mouth.

"Candy."

God, if that didn't sound like a stripper's name.

"What are you doin in a place like this, Candy?"

She sighed. "Just needed to get away. My dad drives me crazy sometimes."

Ah, another girl with daddy issues. Lucky him.

"Will you keep me company tonight? I don't want to go home." She pouted.

Noah took a good look at her face, noticing how flawless and single-toned her skin looked. From this close, he could see how thick the powder was caked on. Her eyelashes were also four times as thick as anything natural, and her eye makeup was so dark that it looked like she was bruised.