Something that was really really familiar...

I froze... Walking straight to the bathroom, my legs propelled me to the mirror.

I looked back at my reflection as realization dawned on me... Her eyes looked so familiar because they look almost like mine!

How could I have missed this?

No random woman who had my eyes would just appear to be having the same last name with Marcos and having rumored to be having an affair with the half brother of her husband!

It's too much of a coincidence.

Marcos said something about his wife and I looking so alike- Emeliano also said that he was In love with my sister.

Who could most definitely not be April... Emeliano and April didn't seem to share the ex vibe towards each other... It was more like a brother and sister vibe, and April doesn't stay in Orlando, so she couldn't be Marcos's wife.

Which only means that I really did have another sister... And she might just be Camilla.

Camilla...

Walking out of the bathroom, I raked my hands through my hair as it all came rushing to my head...

I remember Diego mentioning that name when I bumped into him in Emeliano's office. Emeliano stopped him from completing his sentence...

Why else would he stop him?

Camilla's the Her!

Camilla Schmitt is the woman who broke Emeliano.

Camilla's my half sister! A sister who looks so much like me...

But still, I can't conclude... I need to put a stamp of approval on my theory..

And there's only one way to do that!

Bug Emeliano for answers!

I rushed out of the bedroom and went straight to Emeliano's study, unlocking the door without knocking... His head was buried in a large file as his hands worked on his laptop... He seemed to be really busy and I wanted to just turn and leave.... But..... No.

"Hey there." I called out his attention, closing the door behind me.

He looked up for a brief moment, mumbling an "hey."

Wow, he replied... Progress.

"So I was-"

"I'm busy." He interrupted me, his eyes were now focused on the screen of the laptop.

"Take a moment to relax... You look pretty stressed out."

"And you care, why?" He asked, finally looking up at me.

I let out an unsteady breath, feeling a little bit nervous and sweaty in my palms.

"Well, because I care... About you." I said.

Something flashed through his eyes, something that made his eyes brighten but it was gone as soon as it came.

Emeliano focused on his work again.

"You're not gonna say anything?" I asked him, crossing my arm over my chest.

"I'm really busy Rebecca- I have lots of work to finish and it's so suffocating... I'd do anything to make you shut up right now, even if it's to listen to whatever you want to say- but as of now, I'm so fucking busy... I promise we'll do this another time." His voice wasn't that of anger or frustration, but of stress and worry.

"All work and no play, makes Pretty boy not so pretty anymore- why don't you just take a break for one tiny teny second-"

"I'm busy!" His voice echoed loudly around the study. He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. "Don't make me yell, please- just go."

I sighed, not really ready to give up. "Okay, you can continue to work- I'll just try to get your attention and make you think of actually taking a break."

He sighed, giving me an unimpressed look before he focused on his work.

I stood there, thinking of Anything to get his mind out of that work- thinking of giving an head start to the conversation I so badly wanted to have with him.

I bit my lower lip as a crazy idea bounced up in my head. Back in college, Diego had been obsessed with this song... I don't really know the lyrics, but I was quite sure of the words used in the beginning... I was also sure this song would give me a head start... The name of the artist would.

This could work... And at the same time, make me look like a complete fool. But what's the harm in trying?

Taking a deep breath, I began to sing.

"Something must have gone wrong in my braiinnn, got your chemicals all in my veins..."

I began to sway my hips to the song that was leaking from my lips, in an awkward tone.

Emeliano looked up slowly, and with the look on his face, I knew I had finally captured his attention.

Oh Rebecca... The things you would do for attention.

__

Vote and Comment :-)

This story is now exclusive to Radish and will be taken down by May 14th. This is your only chance to read it for free. This story was taken down Jan 11 2021, and though I've had 50% of readers who supported me through it, I've had 50% of haters hating the fact that I was trying to move forward in my writing career.

I'm putting it back up for this short period due to my readers who truly have no means to read it on Radish. (Please note, this is the only chance you have to read it until I decide whether to put it back up permanently or not, so take advantage of that before it gets removed again.)

Follow me here on Wattpad to stay on the loop with updates.

Follow my Instagram for more (username: therebeccayouknow)