So, this is where plan E comes in.

What plan E entails? I have no idea, but I'm guessing plan E would be about following whatever my heart tells me to do-

"You know he's gonna be fine, right?"

Beep beep beep.

The sound of the monitor filled my senses as my mind pulled me back into reality.

I looked over at Piper who was sitting at the far end of the hospital room, smiling at me. "The doctor said that he'll be discharged soon."

I returned the smile. "I know."

"You also know you can leave his hand now, right?" She gave me a smug smile.

"It's actually not my choice, his grip tightens anytime I try to let go."

Piper grinned. "He likes you."

My eyes snapped to her direction. "What? How would you know that?"

"I just know... I've seen Emeliano look at all other women before, even her... But the way he looks at you- it's different, I can see it in his eyes that he really truly likes you."

"Why can't I see it?"

"You're still blinded, but don't worry, you'll see it soon." Piper smiled. "You should go back to rest, I'll stay here with him."

"No... I made a promise to stay with him, I'll leave when he wakes... If he wants me to leave." I said, looking over at his peaceful looking face.

Piper stood up. "I'll go check on Diego's talk with the doc... I'll be back with coffee."

"Sure, thanks Piper, if it wasn't for you I don't think he would have made it."

"It's alright, Emeliano's a friend, now- so are you... I'll be back." She left with a smile.

I looked back at Emeliano, enjoying the warmth our hands supplied to each other, I tried to pull away but his grip tightened, I allowed the smile attack my face.

Was Piper right? Does Emeliano really like me?

A slight groaning sound made me seat up, watching Emeliano regain consciousness.

"Emeliano? Hi..." I said with a wide smile on my face as his eyes fluttered open.

When his eyes locked with mine, he looked shocked, and immediately, untangled his hands from mine.

His withdrawal sent waves of unwanted emotions through my body, making my hand grow cold at the absence of his warm ones

"Where am I?"

"The hospital-"

His eyes widened. "Why the hell did you bring me here?"

I sighed. "You were hurt and I- what are you trying to do?" I said stoping him from sitting up, I moved my hand to place his shoulder back down but he stopped me before my hand could connect with his body.

"Don't, touch me." He seethed out, making me take my hands back to my side.

Seriously?