12 - change

Olivia knew it'll take some getting used to without Dylan around. She spent a good few years with him. They had their arguments, but that didn't mean she won't miss him.

"Hey," Everett said, walking into Olivia's office.

"Hi," she said in a small voice.

Everett walked over to her and kissed her forehead when she responded.

"You still miss him, don't you?" he asked. "Dylan?"

"Yeah," she admitted. "He came over Saturday to watch go out for lunch."

"He kept his promise," Everett said.

"Yeah," she agreed. "Alright," she pushed herself away from Everett said, "we need to work."

He smiled a little.

"Do you have a case?" Everett asked.

"Yeah," she said, picking up a file and handing it to him.

Everett took it and started to flip through the file and read through it. Once he was done, he closed it and handed it back to Olivia.

"I think we should take it," she said.

"Alright," he said. "Let's research the case."

"I did some research," Olivia said.

"What did you find?"

"It's happening somewhere in Milan in Itlay," she said. "I think we should go there and see what's happening."

Everett nodded. "Did you tell the boss that we're taking the case?"

"I did," she said.

"Good," Everett said. "We should get a plane ticket as soon as possible."

"I already did," Olivia said.

"It seems like you're one step ahead now," Everett said, a small smile appearing on his face.

"I guess since I don't have anyone to take care of, I have a lot more time."

His smile grew.

"When is the plane?"

"Friday at twelve," she said.

"AM or PM?"

"PM."

"Right now, we need to focus on the work we can do here and now," Olivia said.

Everett didn't say anything.

"We're going to the next UN meeting," Everett said.

"And I'm guessing the king of Wakanda will be there," Olivia said.

"T'Challa has to go," he said. "He's the king of Wakanda after all."

"Yeah. When is it?"

"Two and a half weeks," he said.

"Okay. Now, we need to work."

***

The work day ended and Olivia went home. All she wanted was to stay home the rest of the night.

She parked her car and got out. She made sure that she got everything she needed before getting out.

She entered her house to see a suddenly surprise.

"Mom? Dad?" she said.

"Olivia," her mother said. She got up and approached her daughter for a hug.

"How - how did you get into my house?" she asked.

"You gave us a spare key just in case we visited you and you were at work," her mother reminded her.

"Oh, right," she said. "I did do that. But - but why didn't you call?"

"We wanted it to be a surprise," her mother said.

"Mom, Dad, this isn't really a good time for a visit," Olivia said. "I'm really busy with work and I'll be leaving in a few days for work."

"We just thought you'd be happy to see us," her mother said.

"I am," Olivia said. "But I'm just busy and I'm dealing with a lot now."

She could tell that her parents were disappointed.

"You could've at least told us," her mother said.

"You never told me you were coming!" Olivia reminded her mother. "You decided it was a good idea to visit without checking me first! I could've been out of the country for all you care!"

Her parents didn't respond.

"Look," Olivia went on, sighing, "I'm tired. I don't want to argue with this. It's too late for you two to leave. Just - just make yourselves at home if you haven't already."

Olivia went to her room and tried to calm herself down. She wasn't too thrilled about her parents showing up without warning. She wasn't too thrilled that they've kept their distance from her this long.

She would've liked them to text her every once in a while, but instead, they'd go weeks, maybe months, at a time without calling her or texting her then they'd randomly show up at her house without letting her know.

She wouldn't have had a problem if they'd call her or text her. But since they haven't been doing that and they don't care much to see how she is,  she has a problem with it.

Olivia sat at the edge of her bed and sighed.

All she wanted for whatever mess that will happen to go away. She already just got from Wakanda, where it felt like it was a roller coaster ride. She just wants a few days off from work to just get herself together and relax.

She knew it was impossible. Especially when her parents are here.