04 - discovery

Many things happened the following day. Finding out that the man responsible for bombing the UN meeting and the killer of King T'Chaka of Wakanda was discovered to be the man who framed and interrogated Bucky Barnes, Helmut Zemo. 

"We need to get back to the bunker," Everett said. "T'Challa said that he found out who's responsible for the death of his father and the bombing of the UN."

"What? Really? Who is it?" Olivia asked.

"It was Helmut Zemo," Everett responded. "He's the guy who interrogated Barnes. He framed Barnes. Made it seem like it was the Winter Soldier who bombing the UN meeting and killed the king of Wakanda."

"Damn," Olivia said.

"Where are you two going?" Ella asked her uncle and Olivia.

"We need to get the bunker," Everett said. "Don't go anywhere. Stay here until Liv and I get home."

"Fine," she said. She knew better than to argue. From time to time, she'd argue, but right now, she didn't see the point of arguing. 

Everett and Olivia got to the UN bunker and met up with the prince of Wakanda.

"This is the man who's responsible of the death of my father and bombing the UN meeting," the prince said. Zemo had his hands tied behind his back and T'Challa had a tight grip on the man.

"Thank you," Olivia said to the prince.

T'Challa smiled at Olivia. Everett's eyes went back and forth between T'Challa and Olivia. For some reason, Everett's old feelings for Olivia began to resurface. Feelings that he doesn't want to feel for his partner. Not when something can go wrong and affect their partnership and friendship. 

"Thanks," Everett said. He took Zemo away from the prince of Wakanda and soon to be king and got someone to take Zemo to a prison pod. "As soon as he's in the prison pod, we'll talk to him," he said to Olivia.

She nodded. 

T'Challa had soon left leaving Everett and Olivia alone. 

As soon as Zemo was in his prison pod, Olivia and Everett were informed. They entered the a secure chamber in the UN bunker. It contained the prison pod and Zemo. His ankles were cuffed to his sear. 

"Meals at eight and five," Olivia said to Zemo. "And toilet privileges twice a day."

"Also, raise your voice, zap," Everett added. "Tough the glass, zap. You step out of line you deal with me and my partner here. Please, step out of line. Hm?" 

Zemo only stared. He didn't say anything.

"So how does it feel?" Everett asked. "To spend all that time, all that effort... and, to see it fail so spectacularly?"

Zemo met Everett's gaze. He then looked at Olivia, who was standing behind Everett. Zemo looked back at Everett. 

"Did it?" he asked. 

Olivia stared at the man confused. To her and Everett, whatever he planned failed, but how can it be successful if he's in a prison bar?

"What do you mean?" Olivia asked, getting closer to the man.

"Did it really fail? What I attempted to do... did it really fail?" Zemo asked. 

Olivia stared at him for a moment before saying, "Let's go, Everett."

Olivia started to walk away. Everett didn't follow her right away. He stared at Zemo before he turned away and followed Olivia.

"I guess we're going to go home now," Olivia said. 

"Yeah," Everett said. "And Ella has a lot of homework to catch up on due to her missing school."

Olivia nodded. "If she needs any help with homework, let her call me. I can help her."

Everett nodded.