Chapter 9: Look, Mom. I'm Going to War With a Cat.

Start from the beginning

       "Yeah," I said quietly before clearing my throat. "I don't like talking about it but I will tell you that it pretty much shattered my trust in relationships. And it's hard when I know not every single person I eventually date is going to be my ex but I can't help it."

       "I don't blame you," Lulu said. "Trust is an important thing. Once someone shatters it, it's hard to get it back, even for other people."

       "Exactly," I said.

       "I'm sorry for being pushy about it," Lulu said.

       "No, don't be sorry," I said. "You weren't even too pushy. Just a tiny bit. I honestly expected you to be a bit more pushy once you noticed how obvious my little crush was so you did a pretty good job holding back."

       "Really?" Lulu asked. "I thought I was being really pushy. Wow, Beau will be really proud of me when I tell him. He's constantly telling me not to be so pushy. And loud. And argumentative. And annoying. He's really mean to me."

       I snorted. "I think he's the complete opposite."

       "Yeah, you're right," Lulu said. "He's so nice and sweet. The best friend anyone can ever have. I'm lucky he's my best friend and nobody else's."

       That wasn't the point I was trying to make but that worked to. Funny how Lulu was very observant of everything except for anything that involved herself.

       I was just going to sit back and see how long it took for Lulu to realize Beau liked her. It was probably going to take a long time because I doubt Beau would actually tell her. I didn't blame him.

       "Speaking of Beau, I should probably go find him," Lulu said. "It's Friday and it's our weekly ice cream sundae movie night."

       "Excuse me, how come I'm not invited."

       "Not everything is about you, Jamie. Don't intrude on my and Beau's thing."

       "I'm kidding, Lulu. I have stuff to do back home anyway."

       "I don't think it's nice to call Sawyer stuff."

       I chuckled. "You actually get my sense of humour. Rarely anybody does so thank you."

       "You're quite welcome, Krukowski. Now I really should go find Beau. We have to go to the store first to buy a lot of food. I'll see you Monday."

       "See you."

       The two of us went off in our separate directions with Lulu going to find Beau and me leaving the school to head home. I wanted to get home as soon as possible because I was planning on working with Paint, seeing if I could get him to trust other humans.

       Unfortunately, Kitty decided to walk over to me, not looking the happiest. "We need to talk," she said.

       "No, we really don't," I said.

       "Yes, we do," Kitty said. "I don't know what games you're playing with Sawyer but you need to stop. I've been trying to get him back but it's kind of hard with you in the way."

       "He's not going to take you back," I said. "Not because of me because trust me, Sawyer and I are just friends. You're the reason he's not going to take you back."

       Kitty crossed her arms over her chest. "That's not true. I made a simple mistake."

       "Simple?" I asked. "You completely diminished his identity when it shouldn't have mattered. That's something you should never do to someone you so-call care about. If I were you, I would just give up."

       "Sorry, I don't believe in giving up," Kitty said. "You, on the other hand, are going to hand to back off, though. Before things get ugly because trust me, they will. I always get what I want and I don't care what I have to do to get my way."

       "Not the healthiest mindset you should have," I said. "But keep thinking that if it will make you feel better. Just know that I'm not going to 'back off' or whatever you want me to do."

       "Fine," Kitty said. "Your choice. Just don't blame me for things that happen."

       I rolled my eyes and walked off. She was really something else. There was no way I was going to listen to her telling me to back off. How exactly could I back off when one, I didn't want to date Sawyer and two, I lived with him?

       Kitty really needed a reality check about her attitude.

       And I might have to be the one to give it to her.

       I just have to find a way that didn't involved Sawyer.

_____________________

lmao i wanted to write more but zelda: breath of the wild is too addicting and i keep playing it all day until close to 11pm so it's now 3am. tomorrow (or really today) i'm going to try writing at an earlier time.

it's probably not going to happen lol sorry

but anyway, next chapter jamie starts getting closer to someone <3 but i'm talking friendship-wise and i'm not talking about sawyer. there's someone else in this story, who was already mentioned, that's going to play a vital role so we need to see them more.