P15 Charlotte's Fall / 1

__

I was a ghost that day, Sterling let me wonder the camp after my pleads to walk freely. He had been hesitant not about my safety but of what I would do behind his back.

I wanted to see Jasper, I wanted to see Clarke, Octavia, Finn and for once I felt as if I were drifting from Bellamy's mind. I didn't know how much It would hurt to not see any of them. I'd seen Sunni today with Logan.

Yet when I saw Bellamy pass me that one time, it seemed he'd looked right through me. I was afraid maybe I'd done something completely wrong to cause this. But I mean I shouldn't of cared to begin with.

And so I proceeded to not care, scaping the area I'd found myself right at the feet of Jasper I was quickly pulled upright, my eyes snapping to my left.

"Octavia?"

"Marie?"

We'd both fell confused.

"What are you doing outside of the wall?" We both assured one another slightly confused.

"I should be saying this to you?" We both replied back once again at the same time.

"Okay, we need to stop this."

"No you stop." Quickly I stood forth covering Octavia's mouth with the palm of my hand to shut her up first.

"Fine, I'll stop." I'd mumbled with a laugh. Octavia fell limp in my arms raising her arms for me to let her go, in which I did slowly.

I'd turned to glance at Jasper who seemed to be on edge, I sighed he seemed to be rigged and worried that the grounders would find him again. Softly I made my way to assure that it was okay to stand out of the gates.

With a soft smile, Jaspers eyes met my own.

"Remember what I said Jasp, I won't die if you won't okay?" I raised my eyebrows in his direction, a small smile formed on his face before he too nodded.

"I remember."

"Now what's stopping you?" Octavia chimed In behind me, Jasper took my hand in his own gripping it in his own. With small steps I pulled him alongside me, we walked next to one another his steps were small but they were enough.

"Take it easy, I've got you." I made sure I'd meant what I had said and Jasper knew.

He squeezed my hand with his own.

"Come on it's been two weeks, you've been given a chance. The both of you. You've gotta use it." So quickly did this turn out wrong.

Octavia, Jasper and I were set outside of camp. But in seconds Octavia had been pulled into a nearby bush causing my heart to drop.

"Octavia?" Both Jasper and I whispered lowly for her to hear us.

[no reply]

Swiftly did Jasper and I make a run to where she once was, our hearts raced. But when someone jumped out from the bushes with Octavia in their arms our hearts seemed to jump in utter surprise and panic.

"Hey, you jerk!" Octavia grunted which caused me to sigh in relief, but soon clench my jaw in utter frustration.

I'd squeezed Jaspers hand in my own clearly not amused.

"Get the hell out of here!" Octavia retorted back harshly. Jasper turned away which made my heart soften when he'd done this, I sighed regaining myself before I too turned away with him.

"Marie, Jasper. Come on. There's nothing to be afraid of." Little did Octavia know.

As soon as my body tumbled along with Jaspers to the ground, my heart completely dropped. My eyes pierced so sharply into what we had found and I couldn't believe it. Reality hit again and I sure as hell wasn't prepared one bit.