The NCAA Opening Ceremony

Start from the beginning

Ayaw mo talagang tigilan ang baby ko ha?
Pwes, humanda ka sa makikita mo!

She walked even faster and her gaze was pinned on RJ alone. And when she was just a few steps away from him, she quickly glanced at the cheerleader and gave her a devilish grin before she launched herself at her boyfriend. She grabbed him by the nape and, in a flash, pulled him in and captured his lips in a searing lopsided kiss.

As soon as their lips met, people started cheering and clapping in their background. There were some who even screamed in glee and some who were hooting and whistling. But then there were two who were truly annoyed and irritated with what was happening. The one was standing beside the kissing couple, looking so pissed off, and the other was just staring at them from afar with dark eyes and furrowed brows.

RJ was completely surprised that he wasn't able to respond at once. But when Nicki started to move her lips, he was able to respond and deepen the kiss. They were both lost in the moment, not minding the cheers and hoots of their surroundings, until Nicki heard Andy gasped on their side and speak up as she tapped her shoulder.

"Oh gosh! Excuse me, miss, who do you think you are?" Andy suddenly uttered, irritatingly.

Nicki pulled away and looked at RJ with a piercing gaze before she turned to Andy with seething eyes and a raised brow. RJ immediately wrapped his arm around her waist and moved closer to her ear.

Babe... Wag mo na
siyang patulan please...
He whispered.

But Nicki didn't falter. She just turned her head back to RJ and gave him a questioning look. Namutla naman lalo si RJ sa takot dahil sa matalim niyang tingin kaya nanahimik na lang ito, pero nanatiling nakakapit sa bewang niya. Mabilis na binalik ni Nicki ang tingin niya kay Andy ng magsalita itong muli.

"Miss, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but he's with me. I invited him here." Andy said, raising her brow at Nicki.

Ha? No, hin—
RJ was trying to defend himself
but Nicki cut him off.

Oh, i'm sorry to interrupt then.
Ikaw ba nag-invite? Pasensya na ha.
Ang gwapo kasi, hindi ko napigilan.
If you don't mind me asking,
kaano-ano mo siya?

"He's my schoolmate. Kaya nga siya nandito eh. I invited him yesterday and he said he will support us today. So back off na. Nakita mo na ngang may kasama diba? Sino ka ba?"

She's really testing my patience! Gahd!
Ah, talaga? Sorry hindi kita nakita agad.
Hindi ka kasi pansinin eh.
Anyway, I'm Nicki pala.

"What did you just say? Hindi ako pansinin? Tsss! Who do you think you are, miss?"

Ah, Andy, siy—
RJ tried to butt in but Nicki
subtly nudged him as she
replied to her.

Yes, hindi ka nga pansinin...
tsaka medyo bingi ka rin pala noh?
Kakasabi ko lang, I'm Nicki.

"I heard your name. Ang tinatanong ko kung sino ka sa inaakala mo. Tagalog na yan ha para magets mo."

Oh, i get it! I get it alright.
But let me throw the question
back to you. Who do you think I am?

"I don't know... maybe just a random volleyball player na nagwapuhan dito sa ka-date ko?! Girl, wala bang guys sa college niyo?"

Ha? No, Nicki, hind—
He was stopped when Nicki
removed his hand from
her waist all of a sudden.

Ah, re-really?! So, i-ikaw ang
pinunta niya dito today?
She stuttered, suddenly feeling
unsure kasi baka nga naman di
siya ang pinunta dito ni RJ.