07 One Message Received

It was only around six o'clock in the morning when RJ stirs in bed. He reached for his watch from the bedside table and realized that he woke up way earlier than his alarm. It was unusual for him to wake up this early since his class starts at 10AM. Yet he's already in high spirits because for the first time in months, he had a good sounding sleep. He knew it's all because of a beautiful lady named Nicki. He smiled as he closed his eyes to say his morning prayer then rose from the bed to freshen up. But just when he got up, he remembered last night. How he struggled to think of a message he could send to her. He realized that he fell asleep thinking so he rummaged through his sheets for his phone to finally send her a message.

Mas madali ang good morning text. Simple pero hindi naman awkward. At least she would know she's my first thought in the morning! Hihi!

When he found his phone, he excitedly unlocked it but got dumbfounded when he saw that the text he was typing last night was already sent to Nicki. He might've accidentally hit the send button when he dozed off. And what made it worst was that she has read it but didn't reply.

Susmaryosep! Bat naman kasi nasend agad-agad? Tanga mo kasi RJ, bat ka ba nakatulog? Ano ngayon sasabihin natin nyan? Imbes na mag-good morning lang tayo mukhang napasama pa. Baka lalo ng hindi magreply. Haaaaaayst! Mabuti pa mag-ayos na muna ko para makaisip ng tamang itetext.

And while RJ had a good night sleep, Nicki on the other hand had the opposite

And while RJ had a good night sleep, Nicki on the other hand had the opposite. She kept on tossing and turning in her bed, couldn't take her mind out of the incident with RJ at the cafe. She wouldn't deny how she secretly hoped for this day, to see him again after Boracay. But that was then. She stopped hoping when she realized she just got played. That what they had in Boracay might just be one of his escapades. Or maybe a one time thing. And the moment she saw him with another girl in the cafe was enough proof that what she thought of it was true. And it hurts her more. That's why she got really confused when he said he finally found her, that he's sorry, and that he still asked for her number.

Like seriously, he was having coffee with a girl. Ano pa bang tawag dun? Tapos sasabihin sa'kin he found me? Duh! As if he was looking for me. Eh sa ngiti lang niya kanina parang enjoy siya sa kadate niya eh. And after all, he still has the nerve to follow me and ask for my number?!

She knew this could happen, but what she didn't expect was that it would happen sooner. Somehow she wasn't prepared for it. She couldn't really define what she's feeling.

Pero binigay mo pa rin naman yung number mo diba?! Hindi ka na talaga nadala, self!
Tapos ngayon hirap ka matulog because he didn't even text you? Well, for sure he won't kasi kasama nga niya yung babae niya. Gaaahd! His actions and his words were really confusing!

Suddenly, her conversation with Sheena rang in her head.

Tama ba si Sheens?! Naiinis lang ba ko dahil may iba ka na ngayon? Umaasa pa ba ko? Pero wala naman akong dapat asahan diba? Kasi kaya niya lang naman kinuha yung number ko to explain things. Siguro kahit wag na lang siya mag-explain. Parang ayoko na siya makita ulit. Bakit ba kasi nagkita pa kami, universe? Pakiexplain sa'kin please! Natotorete na ko eh. I can't even sleep! Aaarrrggghhh!