18 Finally...

I'm sorry Joaquin. I just,
I need to go somewhere else.

She was sprinting her way towards the familiar car that was parked across the gates of Benilde, praying that it's not too late.

Jusko! Please universe, if that's really him
then wag mo muna siyang paalisin.
Please, please!
I don't want him to think na nagpapahatid
ako kay Joaquin because he's the one
available at the moment. I don't want RJ to misinterpret things.
So please don't let him leave.

She was momentarily taken out of trance as she stopped in her tracks when she heard her best friend.

"Uy teka, teka wait for me Nics! San ka ba pupunta? Juskuka! Sandali naman. Wag mo akong iwan besh!"

Sheena got off Joaquin's car quickly and soon ran after her best friend. She was still puzzled with Nicki's demeanor and she doesn't have any idea what's happening but she followed her still. She saw her halted, looked back at her for a brief moment then continued walking briskly.

Nicki saw Sheena following behind her but she didn't wait for her. Instead, she took hurried steps, wanting to get close to that certain vehicle as soon as possible. When she's almost right behind it, she paused and composed herself.

Wait a sec! Siya ba talaga toh?!
Shit baka mapahiya ako kung hindi.
Pero ganito yung car ni Josh eh.
I'm sure kasi kakasakay ko lang kanina.
Bat naman kasi hindi mo tinandaan
yung plate number?! Pero the car model and
the shade, i'm sure ito yun eh.
Hay, bahala na nga!
Magsosorry na lang ako kung hindi siya.

With a heavy sigh, she swallowed an invisible lump in her throat as she walked closer. She knocked on his window when she reached the side of the driver.

Meanwhile, RJ was looking straight ahead and just waiting for a clearing so he can drive away from his spot. When someone knocked on his window, he was startled. But when he turned to check who it was, he was completely stunned and he wasn't able to move.

Nag-iimagine lang ba ako?
Is it... is it really her?!

Mukhang mapapahiya ka nga self!
Mukhang mali ka nga at kahawig
lang ng kotse ni Josh. Gahd! Bat naman
kasi heavily tinted yung kotse?!
At bakit ang lakas ng kabog ng dibdib ko?
Pero, i just wanna make sure.
If hindi si RJ, then I'll just apologize.

With her heart beating fast against her chest, she knocked again as she stood just right outside the driver's side.

Lord! Totoo ba ito?! Si Nicki nga ba?!
Eh bakit ba kasi hindi mo pa ibaba
ung bintana para malaman mo?!
Baka mamaya imagination mo lang talaga eh.
Pero ang sarap niya pang pagmasdan eh.
Kahit parang mukhang balisa,
ang ganda pa rin. Hays!

He sat still, staring at her lovely face while Nicki was getting anxious by the minute. Then little by little, his face was revealed as he finally decided to roll down the window. Her breath hitched as they held each other's gaze for a moment. And he saw the change of emotion in her eyes from nervousness to surprise. He smiled and Nicki smiled back at her.

Hey you!

Nicki...

Both of them weren't able to speak any further but their eyes spoke volumes as they continued to get lost in their own little world.

"Hay ano?! Magtititigan na lang kayo dyan?"

It was Sheena who broke the silence between them. When they turned to her direction, she was still catching her breath. She stood with her duffel bag in one shoulder and Nicki's bouquet in her hand, grinning from ear to ear, just a few steps away from them.