2: The Super Sneaky Sleepover

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, loser," Violet grumbled with a playful shove. "So, what's this super sneaky plan all about? I want in."

"Okay, so Harry keeps getting these odd letters and his stupid aunt and uncle won't let him see them. The weirdest thing is, the letters are addressed so specifically. Like when he was in the cupboard-"

"You said that so casually, 'when he was in the cupboard'," laughed the teen.

"Well sorry, but that's not the point. Anyway, we...well, I...came up with an awesome plan to have him sneak in early in the morning so the letter will come here," Anna finished, taking a breath. Violet just looked at the girl as she beamed. "I mean, great plan, right! I'm just that cool, up top!" The blonde put up a small hand for a high-five. Her older cousin couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yeah, okay, have your boyfriend sneak in," she paused to give Anna the hardest high-five in existence, leaving the girl to clutch her hand. "Awesome plan. But I hate to break it to you, you're eleven-"

"Woah, and what's wrong with that? Also, he isn't my boyfriend."

"Eleven-year-olds shouldn't have boyfriends, like what the heck."

"Well, I guess it's good that I don't then, right?" Anna asked with a laugh.

"Mhmm, if you say so."

"So, you're not going to tell Aunt Iris, right?"

"Tell Aunt Iris what?" asked a stern voice from the kitchen. The girls flinched in surprise, not even hearing the woman come home.

"Uhhhh, nothing," chuckled Anna nervously.

*NOTE: I have decided to change the names of her aunt and uncle in edited chapters. In original chapters, the names will be Jack (who is now Logan) and Lila (who is now Iris). I apologize for the inevitable confusion, but I'm pointing this out in an attempt to avoid people telling me I screwed up. I'm aware. These changes will make sense later*

More than not, Iris Kendricks was very compassionate and kind. She was the aunt-in-law of Anna, mother of Violet, and wife of Logan Kendricks. She was on the plumper and shorter side, and had a kind, slow southern drawl, originally being from the state of Alabama. Iris contrasted from her male counterpart, who was quite tall and lanky with a neutral accent and detached attitude.

Logan was Anna's mother's brother. Although he had this connection, he never really bothered to get close to his niece, secretly blaming her for his sister's death. But, nevertheless, he kept his suspicions shoved away, mouth shut, and granted his deceased sister's wishes of keeping her daughter safe.

Iris made up for his "absence".

"Didn't sound like nothing, but I won't pester ya'll," Iris said, giving a stern glare at the two girls. They internally flinched and she continued, "Well, I hafta get dinner started, you two plannin' on helpin' me?"

"Sure," the girls said in unison, following her into the kitchen.

~=~

Three minutes left. That's all Harry had to wait until he could walk over to Anna's. He didn't want to be too early, nor too late, so he waited until 6:58. That'd give him two minutes to sneak out his window, run over to Anna's, and wait for the letter to arrive.

Staring at a clock was, unfortunately, one of the child's common pastimes. It was either that or interact with Dudley.

Who wouldn't choose the latter?

When the 7 changed to an 8 on the little clock, the boy jumped up and shoved his window up, effortlessly climbing out, shutting it, and dropping to the ground without a sound. He jogged down the street, the sun was rising, casting shadows from the identical houses and trees. He reached Anna's house with a few seconds to spare.